Goldshore Resources Inc. (TSXV: GSHR) (OTCQB: GSHRF) has commenced drilling at the Moss Lake Gold Project in Ontario, as part of a planned 100,000m drilling programme for 2021 and 2022.
Brett Richards, President and CEO, said this is another milestone achieved in the Goldshore story.
“Many things had to be coordinated and organised on the ground to allow for drilling to commence on such an expedited timeline. Several work streams have culminated in moving towards this milestone, including:
- working with Orix Geoscience on collating and organizing all of the historical data into establish a risk-coded database to define drilling priorities;
- establishing the technical and support team, including health, safety and technical training;
- relogging of selected historic drill holes and the creation of a rock library defining lithologies and mineralisation and alteration suites;
- building the infrastructure on the ground to successfully execute on such a large campaign;
- designing and implementing a comprehensive core orientation, core logging, core photography and bulk density sampling programme;
- completing the Geotech Ltd. Heliborne VTEM Geophysical Survey as announced on July 14, 2021; and
- mobilising the first drill rig to commence drilling. The campaign will expand to three rigs in August when the additional rigs are mobilized to site.
“This was no small feat by the team, particularly during the on-going pandemic restriction(s) and lockdown, and recent Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources imposed operating shutdown due to the forest fires and fire hazard risk in Northwestern Ontario and Manitoba.”
Pete Flindell, VP Exploration, said a lot of work has gone into establishing the foundation and framework for a comprehensive drilling programme.
“We hope it will deliver maximum quality results in support next year’s PEA/PFS. We are all excited to be drilling and soon to be delivering results to the market.”
Goldshore is an emerging junior gold development company and owns the Moss Lake Gold Project located in Ontario. Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd. is currently a strategic shareholder of Goldshore with an approximate 30% equity position in the company.
The Moss Lake Gold Project is located approximately 100 km west of the city of Thunder Bay, Ontario. It is accessed via Highway 11 which passes within 1 km of the property boundary to the north. The Moss Lake Gold Project covers 14,292 hectares and consists of 282 unpatented and patented mining claims.
Moss Lake hosts a number of gold and base metal rich deposits including the Moss Lake Deposit, the East Coldstream Deposit, the historically producing North Coldstream Mine and the Hamlin Zone, all of which occur over a mineralised trend exceeding 20 km in length. The Moss Lake Gold Project also hosts a number of under-explored mineral occurrences which are reported to exist both at surface and in historically drilled holes.
For further information please visit: https://goldshoreresources.com/