Galileo Mining Ltd (ASX: GAL) continues to expand the exciting Callisto palladium-platinum-gold-copper-nickel discovery within the company’s 100% owned Norseman project in Western Australia.
A further eight RC drill holes from the second RC programme at Callisto have returned significant palladium-platinum-gold-copper-nickel assays
“The Callisto discovery continues to grow with today’s assay results including both the shallowest and deepest mineralisation intersected to date,” Managing Director, Brad Underwood, said.
“The western drill holes on the northern lines contain significant grades at just 110 metres below surface (NRC285 and NRC287).
“These results indicate the potential for more shallow mineralisation to the west and along strike to the north. With no known outcrop, and over five kilometres of prospective strike, we consider that a significant opportunity exists for additional discoveries at shallow depths.
“The deepest results to date come from NRC278 which intersected sulphides in two zones. The lower zone occurs in the end of the drill hole at approximately 240 metres below surface.
“This drill hole will be completed with a diamond drill tail and the drill rig for this work is scheduled to arrive in mid-August. Mineralisation is open in all directions and with the current large-scale drill program underway we are looking forward to expanding this exciting new discovery.”
Major down hole drilled intersections at a 0.5 g/t 3E cut-off include:
- 27 metres @ 1.44 g/t 3E (1.18 g/t Pd, 0.20 g/t Pt, 0.06 g/t Au), 0.23% Cu & 0.25% Ni from 125m (NRC282)
- 29 metres @ 1.41 g/t 3E (1.13 g/t Pd, 0.20 g/t Pt, 0.07 g/t Au), 0.24% Cu & 0.24% Ni from 127m (NRC281)
- 28 metres @ 1.20 g/t 3E (0.97 g/t Pd, 0.17 g/t Pt, 0.06 g/t Au), 0.25% Cu & 0.26% Ni from 118m (NRC285)
- 25 metres @ 1.18 g/t 3E (0.94 g/t Pd, 0.18 g/t Pt, 0.06 g/t Au), 0.20% Cu & 0.25% Ni from 132m (NRC287)
- 18 metres @ 1.02 g/t 3E (0.83 g/t Pd, 0.15 g/t Pt, 0.05 g/t Au), 0.20% Cu & 0.24% Ni from 214m (NRC278) and
- 3.0 metres @ 1.62 g/t 3E (1.33 g/t Pd, 0.23 g/t Pt, 0.06 g/t Au), 0.20% Cu & 0.21% Ni from 255m
Mineralisation is open in all directions and now extends over 300 metres across strike on the southern and central lines and over 200 metres across strike on the northern line.