Sunshine Gold Limited (ASX:SHN) has commenced RC drilling at Triumph located 70km from Gladstone in Queensland, Australia.
The programme will be the first conducted at Triumph since the initial Resource of 118,000oz at 2.03g/t Au was completed in 2022.
“We are delighted to be testing the large- scale potential at Triumph, with shallow targets being tested in the Southern and Northern Corridors. Southern Corridor targets include the margins of the host intrusion and southern extensions. Northern Corridor targets include Advance (3m @25.0g/t Au),” Managing Director, Dr Damien Keys, said.
Drill programme targets – Southern Corridor
Triumph is located 70km SE of Gladstone in central Queensland. Gold is hosted within quartz- sulphide veins infilling fractures within the Norton Tonalite.
The planned programme has two objectives:
1. Provide further data for areas within the Southern Corridor which are not currently incorporated into the existing Resource.
2. Test highly prospective targets across the broader area for future Resource drilling.
The Southern Corridor of Triumph extends for six km and comprises the New Constitution, South Constitution, Welcome Super Hans, Big Hans, vein sets and accounts for 85% of the current Resource.
Drilling along the Southern Corridor will target:
• Additional parallel veins within Constitution where high-grade zones (not included in the resource) require drilling to confirm continuity. Intersections to be followed up include:
o 6m @13.1g/t Au (21NCRC008, from 96m)
• The WNW oriented Welcome vein located just 200m SW of the current Resource. Welcome is interpreted to link the Southern Corridor to the margin of the Norton Tonalite (intrusive host to mineralization).
• A SE extension to the NW oriented Constitution vein sets (included in the Resource). The area contains elevated Au in soils striking for 275m and historic workings. No drilling has tested this zone.
• A southern target located in an EW trending Au in soil anomaly which persists over one km and is located 600m south of Big Hans. This represents the first drilling of these prospective veins.
Drill programme targets – Northern Corridor
There is limited drilling along the Northern Corridor and provides significant potential for Resource growth. The Northern Corridor includes vein sets such as Bald Hill (incorporated into the current Resource) and Advance. Advance was historically the most productive area and is comprised of multiple vein sets, many of which will be targeted in this program. Limited results in the area include:
o 3.0m @25.0g/t Au (TDH155, from 17m), and
o 3.0m @9.6g/t Au (TDH212, from 14m).
Drilling will also test the eastern end of Bald Hill Resource where historic drilling intersected: o 2.0m @14.9 g/t Au (TDH229, from 43m).
For further information please visit: https://shngold.com.au/