The first hole in Helix Resources Limited’s (“Helix” or “the Company”) recently commenced resource expansion drill programme has intersected 24 m of copper sulphide mineralisation at the 70% owned CSA-style Canbelego Copper Project, located near Cobar in Central Western New South Wales. This was intersected on target, ~40 m down dip from previous drilling. Aeris Resources’ (AIS: ASX, “Aeris”) holds the other 30% in a contributory JV with Helix.
Canbelego is one of two brownfields discoveries made by Helix since commencing operations in the region in 2009 – the other is the 100% held CZ, a volcanic-associated massive sulphide (“VAMS”) copper deposit within the Collerina Copper Trend, interpreted as being on the same trend hosting Aeris’ Tritton group of deposits. Mineralisation at both deposits remains open.