Uncovering the Next World-Class VMS
Copper, Zinc, Lead, Gold, Silver, Tin
Ascendant Resources Inc. is a Toronto-based mining company focused on the exploration and development of the highly prospective Lagoa Salgada VMS project located on the prolific Iberian Pyrite Belt (IBP) in Portugal. The IBP is host to the largest concentration of volcanogenic massive sulphide deposits, over 250 deposits are known to exist within the belt, rich in copper, zinc, lead, tin, gold, and silver containing an aggregate 1.6Bt of ore.
The Venda Nova deposit at Lagoa Salgada contains over 14.4Mt of M&I resources and over 13.3Mt in inferred resources and demonstrates typical mineralization characteristics of Iberian Pyrite Belt VMS deposits. Extensive exploration upside potential lies both near deposit and at prospective step-out targets across the large 7,209ha property concession.
Ascendant holds a 20% interest in the Lagoa Salgada project through its 50% position in Redcorp – Empreendimentos Mineiros, Lda, (Redcorp) and has an earn-in opportunity to increase its interest in the project to 80%. The company’s interest in the Lagoa Salgada project offers a low-cost entry to a potentially significant exploration and development opportunity, already demonstrating its mineable scale.
Anchored by Robust Economics
- Recent PEA outlined a NPV8 post tax of US$247M and IRR of 55%
- Significant EBITDA generation of US$115M during the initial five years of operation
- Low capex & low operating costs make this a potential tier one asset
District-Scale Exploration Potential
- Large and prospective land package in the IBP, the largest VMS district
- Venda Nova open in all directions, under drilled and under explored
- Numerous drill targets identified for the next discovery
Entering Rapid Value Creation Phase
- IBP is host to many world class deposits that continue to grow
- Initial anchor discovery, Venda Nova continues to grow
- Drilling new geophysical anomalies with potential for multiples of resource expansion