Trailbreaker Resources Ltd. (TSXV:TBK) has acquired the Castle Rock property on northern Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
The property was acquired through claim staking, then expanded through a partnership with Cazador Resources Ltd in January, 2023. Together, the companies own 100% of the property with no underlying payments or royalties.
In September, 2022, Trailbreaker completed a first-pass prospecting program at the Castle Rock claims. The programme was designed to follow up on historic values and included channel sampling, prospecting, and soil sampling.
Highlights of the Castle Rock property
- Covers 3,108 hectares of land on northern Vancouver Island, approximately 70km northwest of Campbell River, BC
- Claims cover five Minfile occurrences, >5km-long district-scale structure, and newly identified gold +/- copper-enriched intrusions
- Relatively new discovery, in an area that hosts copper-gold (Cu-Au) porphyry, volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS), and gold skarn deposits
- Northern Vancouver Island is host to several large Cu-Au porphyry deposits including Northisle’s Hushamu deposit (Inferred Resource of 5.57 Moz AuEq), and BHP Billiton’s past producing Island Copper deposit (produced >2.7 B lb Cu and >1.0 Moz Au)
- Vancouver Island is host to the Myra Falls VMS deposit (>1.5 Moz Au past production) and the Merry Widow gold skarn deposit (>200 Koz Au past production)
- Newly accessible via recent logging activity
- Historic chip sample returned assays of 2.0g/t Au over 30m
- Historic grab sampling from boulders returned assays up to 135g/t Au, 1.5km west of Heart showing
“The Castle Rock property is Trailbreaker’s newest addition to our portfolio of high-quality precious metal and copper assets,” CEO, Daithi Mac Gearailt, said.
“This is an overlooked and underexplored area of Vancouver Island that has recently been made more accessible.
“With a short geochemical sampling and reconnaissance programme, the team was able to delineate a large, gold-bearing dyke system over at least 400 metres, coinciding with a district-scale fault. This system has strong potential for expansion.”
Partnership with Cazador Resources
In January, 2023, Trailbreaker signed a partnership agreement with Cazador Resources Ltd. This partnership will increase the effectiveness of future exploration in the Schoen Creek area, including the Castle Rock property. The details of the agreement are as follows:
- Each party owns 50% of the property;
- All agreed-upon expenses incurred and potential proceeds will be split between the parties;
- All information will be shared between the parties to enhance development of the property;
- The agreement is perpetual unless terminated by mutual consent of both parties.
For further information please visit: http://www.trailbreakerresources.com/