Maiden 103 Hole Campaign Completed
Rincon Resources Limited (ASX:RCR) has completed a successful maiden drilling campaign at its Laverton Gold Project located in the Laverton Gold District, Western Australia, 4km west of the Laverton townsite.
The 103 hole, 6,416m air-core (AC) drill programme was aimed at defining the extent of gold mineralisation, intersected in historical drilling, over four priority areas/
Several anomalous gold intercepts (+0.10g/t Au), together with anomalous silver +/- arsenic, were returned including:
▪ Area 1 – 5m @ 0.45g/t Au from 20m in 21LAC006; and
▪ Area 1 – 5m @ 0.40g/t Au from 25m in 21LAC001.
▪ Area 2 – 13m @ 0.30g/t Au from 45m to EOH in 21LAC098; and
▪ Area 2 – 5m @ 0.28g/t Au from 65m on 21LAC097.
▪ Area 2 – 5m @ 0.22g/t Au from 55m in 21LAC081; and
▪ Area 2 – 10m @ 0.10g/t Au from 60m in 21LAC099.
▪ Area 3 – 5m @ 0.26g/t Au from 40m in 21LAC054.
*All significant intersections are summarised in Table 1.
Eight AC holes (21LAC001-008) were drilled to follow-up an historical Rotary Air-Blast (RAB) intercept of 7m @ 15.95g/t Au from 21m. Mineralised zones were observed to consist of ferruginous quartz veinlets associated with a mafic-felsic contact.
Gold mineralisation at Area 1, inclusive of the historic drill intercept, has now been intersected over a strike length ~80m and remains open along strike and at depth.
In addtion to gold, anomalous silver (Ag) was returned which is interpreted to be associated with the felsic rocks in the area.
Best results include:
▪ 21LAC001 – 5m @ 0.40g/t Au from 25m and 15m @ 1.25g/t Ag from surface; and
▪ 21LAC006 – 5m @ 0.45g/t Au from 20m.
“We are pleased to have completed our maiden air-core drill programme at Laverton which has identified multiple zones of gold mineralisation which highlights the potential of the Laverton Gold Project,” CEO, Gary Harvey, said.
“Results from target Area 2 are particularly encouraging as the gold mineralisation encountered is associated with BIF; a known prospective geological target for gold mineralisation
in the Laverton region. We are planning to test these targets at greater depths into fresh rock.”
For further information please visit: https://www.rinconresources.com.au/