Power Minerals Limited (ASX: PNN) has obtained positive results from its recently completed Vertical Electrical Sounding (VES) geophysical survey at Pocitos and Arizaro salares, at the Company’s Salta Lithium Project in the lithium triangle of north-west Argentina.
The VES survey was conducted over eighteen geophysics stations on Power’s Tabapocitos 01 license area at Pocitos salar and over twelve stations on Maderita licence area at Arizaro salar
“The VES geophysical surveys at the Pocitos and Arizaro salares clearly indicate potential lithium brine within the active salar and adjacent alluvial aprons that add to the resource expansion potential of Power’s Salta Lithium Project,” Managing Director, Mena Habib, said.
“Importantly, our increased understanding of the near-surface brine and freshwater distribution are critical inputs for environmental studies for our project development plans and positive community relationships in the arid Puna region of Argentina.”
Interpretation of Pocitos and Arizaro VES geophysical programme
The VES geophysical surveys have helped define the distribution of concentrated brine, saline and brackish brines and fresh water in the active salar, inactive salar and adjacent alluvial apron. This information assists to identify potential new lithium resources and in planning of lithium brine resource drilling programs.
Importantly, the VES surveys provide valuable information on the potential for near- surface fresh or brackish water aquifers in the alluvial fans, which will input to environmental studies, water management plans and approvals for the proposed future development of the Salta Project.
Salta Project – Next Steps
• Complete lithium brine resource drilling and confirm initial JORC Mineral Resource estimate at the Incahuasi salar.
• Conduct lithium brine resource drilling and update the existing JORC Mineral Resource estimate at the Rincon salar.
• Conduct lithium brine resource drilling and confirm initial JORC Mineral Resource estimate at Tabapocitos 01 and Pocitos 11 on the Pocitos salar, which is strategically located adjacent to rail and road infrastructure, a gas pipeline, and the Pocitos community.
• Complete PEA at Rincon salar and undertake PEAs at the Incahuasi and Pocitos salares.
• Conduct data review, drilling and water management studies as input to DLE PEAs and to support community consultation and environmental approvals.
For further information please visit: https://www.powerminerals.com.au