Newcore Gold Ltd (TSXV: NCAU) has obtained promising drill results from the 90,000 m programme underway at the company’s 100% owned Enchi Gold Project in Ghana.
First pass Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling at the Tokosea Gold Target completed as part of the inaugural drill program on the grassroot target at Enchi, intersected 1.29 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au) over 13.0 m from 42 m in the oxides, with an additional zone in the upper sulphides intersecting 0.48 g/t Au over 32.0 m from 106 m, including 1.06 g/t Au over 7.0 m from 108 m.
Tokosea is a new greenfield discovery at Enchi where first pass drilling has highlighted the strong potential to delineate additional resources across the 216 km2 land package at Enchi.
Highlights from Drilling at Tokosea
- Drilling on the southern end of the Tokosea trend intersected multiple structures and has extended the drill tested gold mineralization 100 metres to the south:
- Hole TORC057 intersected mineralization in both the near surface oxides and upper portions of the sulphides. Near surface the hole intersected 1.29 g/t Au over 13.0 m from 42 m. Within the upper sulphides the hole intersected 0.48 g/t Au over 32.0 m from 106 m, including 1.06 g/t Au over 7.0 m from 108 m.
- Drilling on the central portion of the main trend at Tokosea extended the zone to depth, as well as up- and down- dip from prior drill tested mineralisation:
- Hole TORC081 intersected 1.64 g/t Au over 10.0 m from 158 m.
- Hole TORC077 intersected 2.11 g/t Au over 7.0 m from 71 m.
- Hole TORC070 intersected 1.73 g/t Au over 8.0 m from 28 m and 1.62 g/t Au over 2.0 m from 78 m.
- Drilling on a sub-parallel structure at Tokosea intersected gold mineralisation within the near-surface oxidized zone, including:
- Hole TORC063 intersected 1.34 g/t Au over 8.0 m from 10 m.
- Strong results from drilling at Tokosea, a new greenfield discovery at Enchi, continue to highlight the potential for mineral resource growth at Enchi:
- This drilling was completed as part of the first pass discovery drilling completed at Tokosea in 2022.
- Tokosea is outlined on surface by a six-km-long and two-to-three-kilometre-wide gold-in-soil anomaly. Previous drill intercepts at Tokosea include: 1.80 g/t Au over 27.0 m from 30 m including 4.13 g/t Au over 3.0 m from 31 m in TORC045, and 1.67 g/t Au over 17.0 m from 131 m including 18.17 g/t Au over 1.0 m from 131 m in TORC032
“We are excited by the results we have achieved from our inaugural drill program at Tokosea,” VP Exploration, Greg Smith, said.
“Only 82 holes have been drilled on the target, with drilling testing mineralisation to an average vertical depth of only 75 metres. First pass drilling at Tokosea focused on testing shallow gold mineralization within the oxides and upper portion of the sulphides, with the target remaining open along strike and at depth and only a small portion of the anomaly tested to date.
“These results expand this new discovery at Enchi and confirm the potential for resource growth across the Project, a district scale property located on a prolific gold belt that hosts a number of multi-million-ounce gold mines.”
For further information please visit: https://newcoregold.com/