Legend Mining Limited (ASX:LEG) has unveiled a maiden Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) for the Mawson Deposit within the Rockford Project, Fraser Range, Western Australia.
- 1.45Mt @1.14% Ni, 0.74% Cu, and 0.07% Co (1.2%NiEq )
- 28,200t contained metal (16,500t Ni, 10,600t Cu, 1,100t Co)
- Mineralization is shallow, between 65m and 305m below surface
- Robust Mineral Resource Estimate with 70% classified in the Indicated category
- Exploration upside with Mawson mineralization open and main source still to be discovered,
- Octagonal seismic model pending, and a pipeline of targets within ~3,000sq. km of tenure
“The rationale to publish this resource at Mawson was to quantify the success of our exploration efforts to date and to establish a base upon which we can continue to build a resource inventory at our Rockford Project,” Managing Director, Mark Wilson, said.
“This is the third published nickel resource in the Fraser Range, demonstrating that this under explored nickel belt has the potential to host further accumulations of nickel-copper sulphide. Our ongoing systematic exploration efforts will look to discover more of these accumulations across Rockford.
“We are looking forward to receipt of the Octagonal 3D seismic model and the reprocessed model for Mawson as a basis to plan diamond drilling for the upcoming field season as set out in our December 2022 Quarterly Report. Meanwhile, the regional Air Core drilling and innovative high power EM surveys are ongoing.”
The Rockford Project is located within the highly prospective Fraser Range district of Western Australia, with tenure covering a total area of 2,994sq. km and comprising 14 granted exploration licences.
Located 300km east of Kalgoorlie, the Rockford Project is serviced by excellent infrastructure including the Trans- Australia Railway and gas pipeline to the Tropicana Gold Mine. The Mawson Ni-Cu-Co Deposit is within E28/2188 and E28/2189, which is under a Joint Venture between Legend (70%) and the Creasy Group, through Rockford Metals Pty Ltd (30%).
• Reprocessing of the Mawson 3D seismic model with new downhole datasets
• Incorporate completed drilling, geophysics, geochemistry, structural, and existing 3D modelling into seismic model for diamond drilling target ranking and planning at Mawson
• Diamond drill target planning at Mawson
• Octagonal 3D seismic data processing January 2023 – March 2023
• Final 3D seismic model for Octagonal to be received April – May 2023
• Diamond drill target planning at Octagonal
• Aircore drilling over selected prospective areas
• Data analysis ongoing identifying new and advancing existing areas
For further information please visit: https://legendmining.com.au/