Multi Rig Drilling Campaign At Iska Iska Silver-Tin Polymetallic Project In. Bolivia
Eloro Resources Ltd (TSXV: ELO; OTCQX: ELRRF) continues to intersect mineralisation in its drilling at the Iska Iska silver-tin polymetallic project in the Potosi Department, southern Bolivia.
To date, the company has completed 30,014m in 57 drill holes including three in progress to test major target areas at Iska Iska.
The company has reported drilling results from two additional holes which tested the Santa Barbara Breccia Pipe (SBBP) (Holes DHK-21 and DHK-22).
To date, every drill hole that has been assayed has returned multiple reportable mineralized intercepts. Currently three drill rigs are in operation at Iska Iska. Two surface drill rigs are completing drilling at SBBP in order to outline an initial National Instrument 43-101 compliant resource.
A third drill, an underground rig, situated in the west end of the Santa Barbara Adit, is testing the eastern part of the SBBP and its mineralised envelope.
- 160.22 g Ag eq/t (36.53 g Ag/t, 1.63% Zn, 1.20% Pb and 0.10% Sn) over 194.14m from 168.85m to 362.99m in hole DHK-21, drilled from the west end of the Huayra Kasa underground workings at -70 degrees on section with discovery hole DHK-15, which intersected 129.60 g Ag eq/t over 257.5m. This intersection in Hole DHK-21 includes higher grade portions of:
- 250.50 g Ag eq/t (51.31 g Ag/t, 3.35% Zn, 1.78% Pb and 0.10% Sn) over 18.24m from 238.21 to 256.45m;
- 257.40 g Ag eq/t (75.83 g Ag/t, 2.29% Zn, 2.40% Pb and 0.12% Sn) over 16.33m from 283.57 to 299.90m; and
- 350.91 g Ag eq/t (112.57 g Ag/t, 1.41% Zn, 3.08% Pb and 0.33% Sn) over 30.06m from 308.90 to 338.96m.
- 64% of this 512.9m long hole contains reportable intersections
- 94.68 g Ag eq/t (3.87 g Ag/t, 0.067 g Au/t, 1.63% Zn, 0.43% Pb and 0.05% Sn) over 169.93m from 124.66m to 294.59m in hole DHK-22, drilled to the south-southwest at -60 degrees from the west end of the Huayra Kasa underground workings to test the eastern side of the SBBP. This intersection included a higher-grade zone that graded 158.64 g Ag eq/t (9.35g Ag/t, 0.016 g Au/t, 3.43% Zn, 0.71% Pb and 0.03% Sn) over 29.84m from 135.20m to 165.04m. 49% of this 600m long hole contained reportable intersections.
Mineral Resource Definition Drilling at Santa Barbara Breccia Pipe
Eloro is focusing on defining a maiden NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource in a target area encompassing approximately 1,200m along strike, 500m in width and extending to a depth of 600m in the SBBP and surrounding mineralised envelope. Step-out holes DSB-12 and DSB-13 intersected significant mineralisation in altered dacite visually similar to the style of mineralization in the mineralized envelope east of SBBP.
A further set of step-out holes (DSB-15 and DSB-16) are being drilled 200m NW of the first step-out to test across the widest part of the magnetic anomaly. Fill-in sectional drilling at 100m intervals, starting with hole DSB-14 which will test across the centre of the SBBP, is in progress.
Three underground drill holes have been completed from the drill bay at the west end of the Santa Barbara adit. This drill can complete holes up to 600m long. DSBU-01 was drilled due east at -20 degrees to test the mineralized envelope of the SBBP. Holes DSBU-02 and DSBU-03 (in progress) are drilled due west at -20 degrees and -50 degrees, respectively, to test the southern margin of the SBBP. Assays on these holes are pending.
Structural work by Dr. Osvaldo Arce, General Manager of Eloro’s Bolivian subsidiary, Minera Tupiza S.R.L., and his geological team indicate that higher grade mineralisation appears to follow a north-westerly trend hence the drill holes with a southwest orientation should test this trend quite effectively.
“Once again Dr Bill Pearson, Dr Osvaldo Arce and the technical team at Iska Iska are delivering with drill hole DHK-21 demonstrating a major intersection over 190 metres long with an average grade of 160.22 g Ag eq/t including up to 350.91 g Ag eq/t over 30.06 metres with significant silver of 112.57g Ag/t,” CEO, Tom Larsen, said.
“This hole is the highest-grade hole yet within the prolific Santa Barbara Breccia Pipe and surrounding mineralised envelope. In addition, the latest step out holes to the northwest are demonstrating added mineralisation, extending the strike length beyond the 1200 m that was initially reported.
“Due to the positive results to date from our drill campaign, initial engineering studies to establish potential economic parameters for mineral resource definition will commence shortly, with a site visit having already been completed by a top Peruvian Engineering firm. More detailed metallurgical studies are also planned.”
For further information please visit: https://www.elororesources.com/