Calibre Mining Corp. (TSX: CXB) has obtained additional high-grade drill results from its Panteon North zone within the Limon Mine Complex, part of the company’s 85,000 metre resource expansion and discovery drilling programme in Nicaragua.
High-grade mineralisation now extends across a strike length of nearly 400 metres with consistent, plus 15 gram per tonne drill intercepts over broad, minable widths. Given a recent VTEM survey, which has identified two, parallel five km potential mineralised corridors, the strong correlation to the high/low resistivity contact demonstrated in the recent drilling and historical mining zones Calibre has four rigs testing along strike and down plunge expansion potential.
Additional High Grade Drill Result Highlights from Panteon North
- 52.59 g/t Au over 3.8 metres Estimated True Width (“ETW”), including 94.70 g/t Au over 1.1 metres; and 10.28 g/t Au over 2.1 metres ETW, including 16.50 g/t Au over 1.7 metres in Hole LIM-22-4662;
- 43.09 g/t Au over 3.3 metres ETW, including 155.10 g/t Au over 0.9 metres in Hole LIM-22-4647;
- 35.18 g/t Au over 2.8 metres ETW, including 58.00 g/t Au over 1.5 metres in Hole LIM-22-4653;
- 26.02 g/t Au over 8.1 metres ETW, including 41.30 g/t Au over 4.6 metres in Hole LIM-22-4665;
- 18.49 g/t Au over 1.1 metres ETW, including 49.30 g/t Au over 0.4 metres in Hole LIM-22-4654;
- 13.14 g/t Au over 3.1 metres ETW, including 49.10 g/t Au over 0.4 metres in Hole LIM-22-4651.
“This is a paradigm shifting discovery for us with consistent high-grade mineralisation demonstrated over considerable strike length coupled with VTEM giving strong indications there is potential to expand and discover additional zones,” Tom Gallo, Senior Vice President, Growth at Calibre, said.
“Drilling is underway to extend this mineralised zone to depth with visual indicators having shown positive signs. Given the grade, we expect a substantial, positive impact made to our mineral resource statement.”
Additional high-grade results announced since discovery in May of this year include;
- 66.03 g/t Au over 5.6 metres Estimated True Width (“ETW”), including 167.27 g/t Au over 2.3 metres and 14.95 g/t Au over 1.9 metres ETW in Hole LIM-22-4630;
- 30.33 g/t Au over 5.0 metres ETW, including 40.62 g/t Au over 3.8 metres in Hole LIM-22-4628;
- 22.55 g/t Au over 4.9 metres ETW, including 68.51 g/t Au over 1.7 metres in Hole LIM-22-4632;
- 17.58 g/t Au over 2.4 metres ETW, including 28.67 g/t Au over 1.9 metres in Hole LIM-22-4627;
- 17.80 g/t Au over 7.3 metres (“ETW”), including 6.69 g/t Au over 1.9 metres, 26.37 g/t Au over 2.8 metres and 16.84 g/t over 3.2 metres in Hole LIM-22-4619;
- 4.66 g/t Au over 1.7 metres ETW, including 8.20 g/t Au over 0.8 metres in Hole LIM-22-4637
- 9.72 g/t Au over 3.9 metres ETW, including 27.80 g/t Au over 1.4 metres in Hole LIM-22-4616;
- 8.84 g/t Au over 1.1 metres ETW, including 20.30 g/t over 0.6 metres in Hole LIM-22-4620;
- 12.75 g/t Au over 2.4 metres ETW, including 33.70 g/t Au over 1.0 metres in Hole LIM-22-4622; and
- 9.38 g/t Au over 2.7 metres, including 34.50 g/t Au over 0.6 metres in Hole LIM-22-4625.
The Panteon North discovery is located approximately one kilometre northwest of the high-grade producing Panteon underground mine and approximately three kilometres from the Limon mill site.
Panteon North is a new discovery with no resource and reserve classified, the zone remains open down plunge and open to the northwest and potentially beyond to the northeast as outlined along the VTEM resistivity contact which extends for another three kilometres.
For further information please visit: https://www.calibremining.com