High-Grade, Near Surface Copper, Zinc and Silver Hits
AuKing Mining Limited (ASX:AKN) has received strong assay results from the first five drill holes from the initial drilling programme at Koongie Park in Western Australia.
These first holes were all reverse circulation (RC) drillholes at the Onedin deposit.
Chief Executive Officer, Paul Williams, saidthe initial holes were directed along the eastern edge of mineralisation defined from historical drilling activities. There were no assays undertaken for the presence of gold (Au) in these initial samples. Additional assays will be undertaken and reported shortly.
“These first assay results from initial drilling at Koongie Park are very encouraging and provide a strong foundation for our future activities at this project,” Mr Williams said.
“The result from hole AOWB003 exceeded all expectations – 124m of continuous 1% copper, zinc and lead mineralisation; high grade intervals of silver and molybdenum near bottom, with the existing hole ending in significant mineralisation.
“AKN continues to make strong progress with its drilling programme at Koongie Park and we look forward to presenting further results over the next couple of months.”
The results from AKN’s first five drill holes have exceeded expectations. Highlights include:
- Substantial continuously-mineralised intersections of more than 120m with two holes and nearly 100m in a third;
- All holes indicating near-surface mineralisation, with one hole assaying minerals from surface;
- High grades of copper, zinc, lead and silver identified across all holes;
- A high-grade zone of molybdenum identified in holes AORC004/AOWB003 at 120m; and
- The eastern edge of the Onedin deposit (based on earlier drilling) is still in mineralisation and by no means closed off.
Mr Williams said these results provide important information that will be incorporated into AKN’s existing understanding of the Onedin resource. Gold assays will be reported from these holes shortly, and with further drilling scheduled for Onedin over the coming months, AKN expects to provide additional information that will be complementary to the results reported above.
For further information please visit: https://www.aukingmining.com