Arizona Sonoran Copper Company Inc. (TSX:ASCU) has received strong results from an additional three drill holes of 1,960 m from its initial 12-hole exploration programme at the Parks/Salyer (P/S) Project in Arizona, USA.
The company also revealed a new 24,400 m programme is well-underway at the P/S Project. The new drilling program tests the extents of the previously defined Exploration Target from the southern border of P/S and in a north-eastern trend towards the Cactus Mine, at 500 ft centres. Assays are pending on an additional 12 holes.
- Drilling supports the upper end of the Exploration Target’s volumetric calculation below, currently defined to at least 1,500 ft by 2,000 ft and within two km from the Cactus Mine.
- 40-90 M tons of potential leachable material @ 1.05%- 1.3% TSol for potential of 1.0-2.35 B lbs of contained copper
- 8-35 M tons of potential primary material @ 0.85-1.05% CuT for 0.15-0.75 B lbs of contained copper
- ECP-079 together with ECP-061, confirms east-west continuity for 1,500 ft width. ECP-086 and ECP-092 logging results suggest an additional 1,000 ft of mineralisation to the east for a potential width of 2,500 ft.
- ECP-79 – 479 ft @ 1.32% CuT, 0.90% TSol, 0.017% Mo (enriched)
- and 225 ft @ 0.96% CuT, 0.63% TSol, 0.039% Mo – Primary (cut off by Basement Fault)
- ECP-61 – 474 ft @ 0.89% CuT, 0.83% TSol, 0.026% Mo – (enriched)
- and 690 ft @ 0.33% CuT, 0.011% Mo – Primary
- ECP-68 – 324 ft @ 1.10% CuT, 0.96% TSol, 0.005% Mo – (enriched)
- and 753 ft @ 0.63% CuT, 0.016% Mo – Primary
- ECP-068 shows a thickening to the southeast of grades previously intersected in historic hole S-200
“We are thrilled with the strength of copper grades and thicknesses at the P/S Project. As a result, the assays are pointing to the higher ends of the Exploration Target,” President and CEO, George Ogilvie, said.
With drilling on track to be complete by mid-July, the team should have a handle on the mineral resource potential at the P/S Project, as well as the Phase 1 modelling results of the NutonTM Technology metallurgical testing.
“Looking beyond our Cactus and P/S Property, the prolific Santa Cruz copper district has seen significantly activity in the past six months and our team is excited to be a leader in the redevelopment of the world class district.”
For further information please visit: https://arizonasonoran.com/