New Zone Grades 58.25 g/t Au Over 3.90 m On Northern Normetal Fault
Amex Exploration Inc. (TSXV:AMX) has discovered an additional high grade gold structure at the Perron project in Quebec, Canada,
Executive Chairman, Jacques Trottier, The newly named 210 Gold Zone is located proximal to the northern Normetal fault zone, which is one of two kilometric thrust faults located on the Perron project.
An intersection of 58.25 g/t Au over 3.90 metres in hole PE-20-210 is located approximately 680 m north-east of the HGZ zone in an area that has seen limited exploration at Peron.
A historic drillhole intersected 2.75 g/t Au over 2.80m, 200m to the East, and a follow-up hole has intersected visible gold along the same plane.
Amex has recently received permits to conduct a follow up drilling program and is currently drilling along strike of this newly discovered high grade gold mineralisation.
Meanwhile, Amex has received results from drilling at the HGZ, which confirm continuity of the HGZ and increase the strike of the high-grade intervals of gold mineralisation over meaningful widths along the Eastward plunge of the mineralised structure.
Latest drilling highlights include:
- 58,25 g/t Au over 3.90m, including 412.30 g/t Au over 0.50m, in the newly named 210 Gold Zone at a vertical depth of approximately 110m;
- 19.08 g/t Au over 3.00m in an area situated between the 210 Zone and the HGZ;
- 10.12 g/t Au over 3.50m in the HGZ at a vertical depth of approximately 1,250m.
- 11.95 g/t Au over 6.00m in the HGZ at a vertical depth of approximately 965m.
- 8.71 g/t Au over 5.30m in the HGZ at a vertical depth of approximately 925m.
- 33.0 g/t Au over 4.50m, including 225.40 g/t Au over 0.50m, in the HGZ at a vertical depth of approximately 830m.
“Perron is significantly underexplored as evidenced by our recent discoveries of the 210 Zone as well as the recently announced high-grade interval in drillhole PEX-21-041,” Mr Trottier said.
“With 10 drills turning on Perron, including four drills dedicated to pure exploration, making new discoveries at this rapid pace is likely and we are very pleased with our exploration targeting methodology.
“In addition to the newly discovered mineralisation, expansion and definition drilling at the HGZ continues to yield high grade gold over considerable thicknesses.
“We are waiting on several thousand additional samples from our drilling programme and are looking forward to receiving and releasing to the market as soon as possible.”