Developing the world’s next significant green nickel project
ASX: CTM, OTCQX: CTTZF
Centaurus Metals Limited is an Australian-based minerals exploration company focused on the near-term development of the Jaguar Nickel Sulphide Project, located in the world-class Carajás mineral province in Brazil – one of the world’s premier mining addresses.
Centaurus completed its acquisition of the Jaguar Project from global mining giant, Vale S.A., in April 2020, delivering the company with an exceptional exploration, growth, and development opportunity in the international nickel sulphide sector.
Centaurus then commenced a major drill programme and has since defined a global Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) totalling 109.2Mt grading 0.87% Ni for 948,900t of contained nickel.
This led to a 105% increase in the Measured & Indicated Resource to 86.6Mt @ 0.85% Ni for 737,800t of contained nickel. This resource will underpin the maiden Ore Reserve Estimate and definitive feasibility study (DFS) due in Q4 2023.
Centaurus completed both an independent base case scoping study for Jaguar in March 2021 and a value-add scoping study in May 2021, which contemplated processing nickel concentrate using a hydrometallurgical process to produce battery-grade nickel sulphate.
Since completing these studies, Centaurus has significantly increased their resource base with the November 2022 MRE to underpin mine optimization and production profile studies in 2023 that will determine the optimal mine capacity for the project development.
Centaurus has completed its pilot plant and confirmed the ability to deliver high-quality battery-grade nickel sulphate from Jaguar. During June 2023, Centaurus acquired 100% of the off-take rights for all Jaguar nickel products from Vale.
Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE)
- 150km of diamond and 20km reverse circulation (RC) drilling at Jaguar
- Total JORC MRE has increased by over 218Kt of contained Ni (30%)
- Measured & Indicated (M&I) MRE has increased by over 340Kt of contained Ni (86%)
- Current Total JORC MRE: 109.2Mt @ 0.87% Ni for 948,900t of contained Ni
- New M&I MRE: 86.6Mt @ 0.85% Ni for 737,800t of contained Ni
Exploration success & growth
- New discovery at Twister Prospect
- Excellent deeper drill results point to strong future resource growth and underground development
DFS well advanced
- Pit optimization and mine design work complete
- Nickel sulphate pilot plant testwork completed
- Battery grade nickel sulphate produced
- Process design complete
Buy back of Vale off-take rights
- Funding/partnership options now wide open at a time when nickel is becoming more critical