Cerrado Gold Inc. (TSX.V: CERT | OTCQX:CRDOF] has announced further drilling results from its ongoing infill and exploration programme at the Serra Alta deposit and from additional exploration targets at its Monte do Carmo Project located in Tocantins State, Brazil.
The 2022 development programme is on track to deliver an updated resource in the third quarter this year and a feasibility study in the first quarter 2023. Drill hole results at the newly discovered Gogó da Onça (“Gogo”) area also reveal initial shallow economic interval.
Notable assay results include:
Serra Alta (Infill)
- FSA-184: 65.7m at 1.71 g/t Au from 142.2m
- Including 3.1m at 7.16 g/t Au from 179.3m
- Including 3.6m at 12.04 g/t Au from 191.6m
- FSA-192: 29.6m at 3.1 g/t Au from 34.7m
- Including 3.9m at 16.57 g/t Au from 54.9m
- FAS-192: 7.8m at 8.16 g/t Au from 239.9m
- FSA-205: 57.5m at 1.56 g/t Au from 91.9m
- FSA-214: 15.5m at 6.38 g/t Au from 45.0m
- Including 3.2m at 21.18 g/t Au from 56.4m
- FSA-215: 82.6m at 1.48 g/t Au from 86.5m
- FSA-218: 21.3m at 2.84 g/t Au from 118.6m
Gogó da Onça
- FGO-001: 20.4m at 0.78 g/t Au from 96.2m
- Including 2.2m at 2.01 g/t Au from 101.2m
The infill drill results show excellent grade and width reconciliation from the inferred blocks at Serra Alta. The company stated that as of 17 June 2022, a total of 89 drill holes totalling 21,460m is completed as part of the 2022 development programme.
Mark Brennan, CEO and co-chairman, said the company continues to look for strong conversion rates of Inferred to Measured and Indicated Resources from its infill programme and increasing potential to grow the existing resource to the east at Serra Alta.
“The initial hole at Gogo confirms our expectation that this target has strong potential to add near mine, near surface ounces to our Monte do Carmo project and demonstrates the potential to continue to grow resources outside of Serra Alta,” said Mr Brennan.
About Cerrado Gold
Cerrado Gold is a public gold producer and exploration company with gold production derived from its 100% owned Minera Don Nicolás mine in Santa Cruz province, Argentina. It also owns 100% of the assets of Minera Mariana in Santa Cruz province, Argentina. The company is also undertaking exploration and development activities at its 100% owned Monte Do Carmo project located in Tocantins, Brazil.
For further information please visit: https://www.cerradogold.com/