High-grade, high-margin gold production driving organically-funded, industry-leading exploration in the search for ‘world-class’ gold deposits.
Southern Gold is a company with projects based in Australia and South Korea. The Company has one unified vision: to become an internationally recognised gold explorer and producer in both jurisdictions, with a highly professional technical team, a reputation for excellence and discovery, and done in partnership with our industry respected joint venture alliances.
Southern Gold are driving this vision with a business model of monetising small gold deposits as they search for the big ones. The Company is conservative with the issuance of scrip, putting as many dollars as possible into drilling holes so as to move the company forward on behalf of the owners, our shareholders.
The aim is to generate enough cash flow from assets to both pay a return to shareholders, as well as conduct industry leading gold exploration in a quest to make a world-class gold discovery.
Southern Gold seeks opportunities in the exploration space and is focused on high-grade gold opportunities, close to infrastructure, and is guided by geology. SAU is open to Joint Ventures with the right partner to add value to new and existing projects
- Focus on cash generation, keeping a tight capital structure
- Drilling-intensive exploration, add to JORC Resources
- Develop a second mine operation in JV with expertise (e.g. Bluebird MV)
- Culture of technical excellence and innovation in exploration
- Search for ‘world-class’ gold deposits, organically funded
Share Price Performance
Greg Boulton – Non-Executive Chairman
Simon Mitchell – Managing Director
David Turvey – Non-Executive Director
Mick Billing – Non-Executive Director
HSBC Nominees – 4.6%
Eric Guerlain – 4.11%
Potezna Gromadka Ltd. – 4.11%
Gregory Colin Boulton – 3.39%
Garv B. Branch – 3.19%
Weybridge Pty Ltd – 2.77%
National Nominees – 2.2%
BNP Paribas Nominees – 2.1%
Pictet Asset Management Ltd. – 1.95%
Cannon Gold Open Pit Mine
- ~95 Koz Au Resource
- ~52 Koz Au Recovered
- ~A$13.7m Profit to Southern
- Centre piece of Southern Gold’s Bulong Project located within the Company’s 100% owned Mining Lease (M25/333), 30 km south-east of Kalgoorlie in WA.
- 50/50 profit share with Westgold. Ore processed at Westgold South Kalgoorlie Operation’s (SKO) Jubilee Mill
Cannon Gold Open Pit Mine
Doughnut Jimmy Prospect
- High-grade at shallow depth
- Drill Intersections: 7m @ 10.16g/t Au from 24m, including 1m @ 54.81g/t Au from 30m.
- 2m @ 8.2g/t from surface and 4m @ 8.1g/t from 10m
- 4m @ 10.4g/t from 16m
- 88% (22 of 25 holes) of drill holes intersected >1g/t Au.
- In-house oxide gold resource to be defined early 2018
Doughnut Jimmy Prospect
250km 2 package located 30km east of Kalgoorlie Gold Field Exploration is:
- Targeting an area with little modern, systematic gold exploration
- Acquisition of a high-quality regional auger geochemical dataset
- Generation of robust gold and pathfinder anomalies aided by regolith-landform analyses
- Acquisition of high-resolution geophysics to identify prospective geological structures
- Development of predictive structural models to assist with targeting gold mineralisation
- Integration of all datasets to enable ranking of geochemical anomalies and structural targets
- Excellent “Ring of Fire” geology but almost no modern exploration\
- Ex-Ivanhoe people with experience in country + database
- Valuable historical underground workings
- Fiscal regime: no royalties, no government free carry, tax rate 24.2%
- Ubiquitous road, rail, electricity, internet, 5G, 50m people
- Low-cost base, large manufacturing base, geographical area = 50% Victoria
Gubong Au Project – Bluebird Merchant Ventures, Farm-in & Joint Ventur
- Currently reopening mine
- Fast track mine restart (capex <US$10m)
- Development scenario report Q2 2018
- Full feasibility & construction Q4 2019
- Initial ‘pilot’ scale production & cash flow
- Subsequent production lift
- Excellent potential for gold to drive a future underground mine as the primary ore target, along with silver credits.
- Surface rock samples 30.4g/t Au + 1,240g/t Ag (KRS200052) 6.18g/t Au +1030g/t Ag (KRS202116)
- WUDD006 NQ drill core with assayed intervals of 2.47m @ 2.36g/t Au from 222.4m and 0.3m @ 21.1g/t Au and 49.1g/t Ag from 231.4m = Summit Vein System (West) poorly mineralised on surface.
- Diamond Drilling and sampling of underground wall faces on Moonlight Vein system: WUDD007: email@example.com/t Au and 129g/t Ag, from 152.9. firstname.lastname@example.org/t Au and 447g/t Ag from 165.7, and 0.7m @ 17.7 g/t Au and 469 g/t Ag from underground channel sample.
- Moonlight Vein System (Central) informally mined near surface.
- Evolving epithermal Au field with significant untested mineralised veins
- District scale vein systems being defined through Project Generation activity