White Gold Corp. (TSXV: WGO, OTCQX: WHGOF) has updated the mineral resource estimate on its 100% owned VG gold deposit for the QV Project, Yukon, Canada.
The updated mineral resource for the VG deposit comprises near-surface Inferred Resources of 267,600 ounces of gold (5,264,000 tonnes at an average grade of 1.62 g/t gold), representing a 16% increase in Inferred Resources compared to a historical 2014 resource estimate which remains open in multiple directions.
The VG deposit is located approximately 11km north of the company’s flagship White Gold property hosts the company’s Golden Saddle and Arc deposits which have a combined mineral resource of 1,139,900 ounces Indicated at 2.28 g/t Au and 402,100 ounces Inferred at 1.39 g/t Au. Mineralisation at the Golden Saddle and Arc is also known to extend beyond the limits of the current resource estimate.
- The VG deposit is located on the QV property and 11km north of the company’s Golden Saddle and Arc deposits.
- Gold mineralisation at the VG deposit appears very similar to that at the company’s Golden Saddle deposit.
- Opportunities exist at the VG deposit to quickly upgrade a significant portion of Inferred Resources to Indicated, as well as for expansion of mineralisation at depth and along strike.
- Several other prospective targets on the property have received limited exploration work and offer potential for additional discoveries.
- The 2021 work program continues to demonstrate extensive gold mineralization in the White Gold district and the potential for new discoveries and continuing to increase the Company’s significant defined resource base.
“We are very pleased to have increased the resources at the VG deposit with very limited drilling since acquiring the project in 2019 and feel confident that excellent opportunities exist to quickly upgrade and further expand the resources, further increasing our already significant and growing defined resource base in the White Gold District.,” CEO, David D’Onofrio, said.
For further information please visit: https://whitegoldcorp.ca/