Tudor Gold Corp. (TSXV: TUD) has received positive final drill results from the 30,108m, 2021 resource expansion and definition drilling programme for the Goldstorm Deposit and Calm Before the Storm Zone (CBS), as well as surface sampling results from the Eureka Zone, at their flagship property, Treaty Creek, located within the Golden Triangle of Northwest British Columbia.
The results include three diamond drill holes that were completed at the Goldstorm Deposit along sections 113+00 NE and 118+00 NE, 500 metres apart, as well as the third exploration diamond drill hole at the recently discovered Calm Before the Storm Zone. Results of a continuous surface channel sample line completed at the Eureka Zone are also included.
The Copper Belle-Goldstorm Deposit (CB-GS) is situated only five km northeast and on trend from Seabridge Gold’s KSM deposits, which comprise one of the largest undeveloped gold and copper projects in the world. The CB-GS Deposit currently hosts a Measured and Indicated Mineral Resource of 19.4 million ounces of AuEq grading 0.74 g/t AuEq and an Inferred Resource of 7.9 million ounces of AuEq grading 0.79 g/t AuEq.
Drilling and Surface Sampling Highlights include:
- GS-21-125 intercepted the DS5 domain, which averaged 0.82 g/t AuEq over 258.0 m, including 1.91 g/t AuEq over 85.4 m. The hole ended in gold-copper mineralisation as unstable ground conditions prevented the completion of the hole.
- GS-21-127, the farthest northeast step-out hole completed to date (approximately 200 m northeast of GS-21-119), targeted the deep DS5 domain. This hole successfully intersected the top of DS5 and ended in mineralization before being shut down due to poor field conditions. Results include 0.75 g/t AuEq over 46.5 m and 0.43 g/t AuEq over 70.0 m, which extended to the end of the hole. This target will be re-drilled in 2022.
- GS-21-128 targeted the easterly extension of the CS600 and DS5 domains. The hole intercepted 0.61 g/t AuEq over 43.9 m within CS600. The hole ended in mineralisation as field conditions prevented completion of the hole; the final 17.6 m averaged 1.31 g/t AuEq. This intersection is currently interpreted to be the upper part of DS5 and plans are to re-drill this target in 2022.
- CBS-21-03 returned a near-surface interval that graded 0.85 g/t AuEq over 25.5 m and a second significant interval of mineralization farther down the hole that averaged 0.61 g/t AuEq over 33.15 m, with an enriched mineralized core of 0.94 g/t AuEq over 10.0 m.
- CBS-21-03 confirms that gold mineralization is gaining strength westward and to depth.
Eureka Surface Sampling
- Channel sample line EK-21-CHN-01 extended the Eureka Zone 300 m to the north of previous drilling intercepts with a continuous surface sample line returning 0.72 g/t AuEq over 139.0 m, including 1.01 g/t AuEq over 69.0 m.
President and CEO, Ken Konkin, said plans for 2022 include drilling the area beneath this channel sample line, as well as testing the current model that Eureka may be the eastern extension to surface of the DS-5 domain of the Goldstorm Deposit.
“We are pleased to have completed the 2021 exploration season on a very positive note, having demonstrated that the Goldstorm Deposit still remains open in all directions and at depth.
“We have significantly expanded the Goldstorm system to the northwest, north, northeast and southeast, in addition to reporting some of our longest and strongest gold-copper mineralized intercepts that surpassed even the results obtained from last years’ extremely successful drill program.
“Our primary goal is to define the ultimate limits of gold-copper-silver mineralisation of the Goldstorm Deposit so we can determine the final resource estimate. We are committed to increasing our efforts for 2022 to achieve this goal.
“Exploration in other areas of the Property demonstrated that the Eureka System continues 300 meters to the north from our well-mineralised exploration drill hole EK-21-01 (Press Release September 28th, 2021) that confirmed the near-surface presence of a large gold target.
“Other notable achievements of 2021 were the successful expansion of the Perfect Storm System, located two kilometres southwest of Goldstorm, and the discovery of the Calm Before the Storm (CBS) system located two kilometres northeast of the Goldstorm Deposit.
‘The Treaty Creek project has now ballooned with the addition of these three new drill targets that will be explored in tandem with definition drilling of the Goldstorm deposit limits in 2022. Our geological team is currently focussing their efforts over the next few weeks to complete the plans for the proposed 2022 diamond drill programM3.
“Leading the geological team is our new Vice President of Resource Development, Ms. Natalie Senger. It’s very rewarding for me to see the professional development and advancement of such a deserving geoscientist, who I have had the pleasure of working with during my career.”
For further information please visit: https://tudor-gold.com/