Thor Mining Plc (AIM, ASX: THR) and Arafura Resources Limited (ASX: ARU) report that follow up laboratory assay results from the recent Bonya RC drill programme near Alice Springs in Central Australia have confirmed previously identified high-grade tungsten and copper results.
A total of eleven holes were drilled at White Violet, and a further eight holes at Samarkand to complete the program with 1,386 metres drilled in total.
Highlights from White Violet include;
- 23m @ 0.58% WO3 from surface, including 6m at 1.7% WO3 from surface; hole 19RC035
- 8m @ 0.74% WO3 from 65m, including 2m at 2.48% WO3 from 69m; hole 19RC037
- 1m @ 0.70% WO3 from 42m; and 1m at 2.32% WO3 from 50m; hole 19RC042
- 3m @ 1.02% WO3 from 22m, including 1m at 2.64% WO3 from 22m; hole 19RC039
Highlights from Samarkand include:
- 1m @ 0.79% WO3 from 12m; hole 19RC044
- 7m @ 0.28% WO3 from 43m, and 9m @ 1.1% Cu from 45m, plus 2m @ 2.17% WO3 and 0.78% Cu from 78m; hole 19RC046
- 1m @ 2.07% WO3 from 18m; hole 19RC048 An independent resource geologist has been engaged with the objective of preparing mineral resource estimates for both deposits.
The project is held in joint venture between Arafura (60%) and Thor (40%) with Thor acting as manager, and each party contributing to the cost according to their equity.
Mick Billing, Executive Chairman of Thor Mining, said the Bonya tungsten deposits are delivering robust results which, the company believes can add significantly to the economic life and commercial outcomes of the nearby proposed Molyhil project.
“The Bonya project hosts additional tungsten and copper deposits, and these will be tested in due course, however our initial focus is likely to remain with the White Violet tungsten deposit, the Samarkand tungsten/copper deposit, and the Bonya copper deposit. It is hoped that these can extend the Molyhil project life of mine towards 10 years.”
Arafura Resources Managing Director Gavin Lockyet said the assays from this latest drilling campaign confirms the potential at both White Violet and Samarkand to host tungsten mineral resources.
“We look forward to delivering the outcome of the resource estimation work in due course.”