Hits Further Wide Gold Intervals In Chile
Tesoro Resources Limited (ASX:TSO) has received further strong assay results from infill and extensional drilling at the Ternera Gold Deposit, located at the company’s El Zorro Gold Project (El Zorro) in Chile.
The current drilling campaign is aiming to increase the existing Ternera Mineral Resource of 660,000oz gold.
Tesoro received assays for 11 diamond drill holes completed as part of the infill and extensional drilling programme.
Managing Director, Zeff Reeves, said all holes intercepted gold mineralisation, with wide gold zones intercepted outside of the existing Mineral Resource model.
“Our confidence at Ternera continues to build as our drilling continues to show predictable, wide, well mineralised gold zones outside of the existing Mineral Resource,” Mr Reeves said.
“The more we drill, the more Tenera expands, demonstrating the potential of this emerging large-scale gold deposit at El Zorro and providing confidence that Tesoro is well on the way to providing a material Mineral Resource upgrade before year end. We believe this will demonstrate the potential of this emerging largescale gold deposit at El Zorro.”
- ZDDH0179: 47.00m @ 0.85g/t Au from 338.00m including; 10.50m @ 2.49g/t Au from 338.00m; and 4.00m @ 5.22g/t Au from 347.00m.
- ZDDH0180: 225.35m @ 0.64g/t Au from 20.00m including; 96.15m @ 0.98g/t Au from 20.00m; and 42.50m @ 1.65g/t Au from 20.00m; and 12.00m @ 4.78 g/t Au from 50.50m, 35.30m @ 1.03g/t Au from 159.70m; and 18.17m @ 1.41g/t Au from 159.70m.
- ZDDH0181A: 14.00m @ 2.07g/t Au from 105.00m including; 9.00m @ 2.81g/t Au from 107.90m. 16.40m @ 2.35g/t Au from 204.60m including; 2.00m @ 12.74g/t Au from 216.00m. 6.00m @ 2.03g/t Au from 264.00m including; 4.00m @ 2.79g/t Au from 264.00m.
- ZDDH0182: 39.20m @ 0.91g/t Au from 310.70m including; 11.40m @ 2.80g/t Au from 310.70m. •
- ZDDH0183: 15.40m @ 0.97g/t Au from 9.60m including; 5.40m @ 2.57g/t Au from 9.60m. ▪ 13.00m @ 2.42g/t Au from 106.00m including; 8.40m @ 3.46g/t Au from 108.60m
Tesoro drilled holes ZDDH0182 and ZDDH0179 on the eastern margin of the Ternera deposit which returned significant gold intercepts that further extend and demonstrate up-dip and along strike continuity of gold mineralisation outside the existing Mineral Resource envelope.
Holes ZDDH0183, ZDDH0184, ZDDH0186, ZDDH0186 and ZDDH0187 are drilled along the western margin of the Ternera Gold deposit, all returned positive gold intercepts, further delineating a new gold zone outside the existing Mineral Resource model.
This zone is now defined by drilling over 600m of strike, up to 50m wide and from surface to more than 250m depth and has the potential to add significant gold ounces.
Infill holes ZDDH0180 and ZDDH0181A were drilled in the central sector of the Ternea deposit with hole ZDDH0180 returning the 18th >100g/m intercept from Ternera.
Both holes have expanded existing modelled zones as well as improving grade continuity and adding additional gold ounces to the deposit.
Infill and extensional drilling at Ternera and extensional drilling at Ternera East and Drone Hill is continuing, with 6 rigs drilling 24/7.
Tesoro is awaiting results from 43 diamond drill holes already completed as part of this program and will report these results as they become available.
Tesoro aims to complete an additional 15,000m of drilling in the current program, with a Mineral Resource update expected for Ternera during Q4 CY2021. Detailed metallurgical testwork is currently underway with results expected in the coming weeks, with Tesoro committed to progressing the El Zorro Gold Project through to development.
For further information please visit: https://www.tesororesources.com.au/