Solaris Resources Inc. (TSX: SLS) has received positive assay results from the first series of holes following up on the discovery of Warintza West within its Warintza Project in southeastern Ecuador.
Warintza West is one of four discoveries made to date within the Warintza porphyry cluster and is located one km west of the Warintza Central Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) reported in April.
The discovery was reported with the results of SLSW-01 – these follow-up holes fan out in all directions, outlining a broad porphyry deposit of at least 900m x 600m and still open and lies adjacent to and not included within the MRE.
Follow-up drilling to test the further extent of the deposit is planned after priority drilling at Warintza Central aimed at expanding the starter pit and higher-grade resource expansion potential at Warintza East.
• SLSW-07 (drilled north) returned 686m of 0.46% CuEq within a broader interval of 912m of 0.41% CuEq¹from near surface
• SLSW-02 (drilled vertically) returned 246m of 0.47% CuEq from near surface
• SLSW-09 (drilled west) returned 202m of 0.45% CuEq within a broader interval of 444m of 0.36% CuEq from near surface
• SLSW-08 (drilled northwest) returned 78m of 0.56% CuEq within a broader interval of 812m of 0.32% CuEq from near surface
• SLSW-04 (drilled northeast) returned 264m of 0.44% CuEq from near surface
• SLSW-10 (drilled southwest) returned 220m of 0.41% CuEq from near surface
• SLSW-03 (drilled southeast) returned 102m of 0.39% CuEq within a broader interval of 911m of 0.24% CuEq from near surface
• SLSW-05 (drilled northeast) returned 272m of 0.38% CuEq within a broader interval of 570m of 0.30% CuEq from near surface
• SLSW-06 (drilled east) returned 732m of 0.32% CuEq¹ from near surface
• Drilling at Warintza West confirms the interpretation of a broad porphyry deposit that remains open in all directions, with assays pending from a series of three additional holes testing the zone further to the west, east and south
• Step-out drilling is planned targeting high-grade surface sampling
“We’re pleased to be able to report the results of follow-up drilling on our Warintza West discovery which outlines a significant new deposit that remains open within the Warintza porphyry cluster, adjacent to the MRE published in April,” Vice President, Exploration, Jorge Fierro, said.
“Ongoing drilling is targeting growth of the high-grade starter pit at Warintza Central and expanding our Warintza East discovery with results expected in the coming weeks, while further drilling is planned for Warintza West.”
For further information please visit: https://solarisresources.com/