Siren Gold Limited (ASX: SNG) has obtained positive preliminary metallurgical testwork results from samples from the Alexander River and Big River Projects and has updated results from conceptual processing plant study for the Reefton Gold Project in New Zealand.
• Total recovery of 90% to 93% is estimated if processed with POX
• Preliminary pressure oxidation of the flotation concentrate tests followed by cyanidation gave gold extractions of 92- 98%
• Scoping Study reflects the test results with a conventional crush, grind, gravity and flotation flowsheet to produce a saleable concentrate
• Sams Creek testwork (2004) indicates that a recovery of 90-95% could be achieved with flotation and POX and a similar flowsheet to Reefton would be applicable.
• Sams Creek recoveries achieved 89% to 96% by flotation and POX.
• Ore Sorting testwork indicates Reefton and Sams Creek samples are amenable to the technology.
Siren has engaged GR Engineering Services Limited (GRES) to complete a scoping study to examine the possibility of establishing a processing facility at the company’s Reefton Gold project located on the South Island of New Zealand.
The study is based on metallurgical testwork and the construction of a centrally located multipurpose gold processing facility, examining the likely optimum treatment route and plant locations. The study is based on the potential for the treating of various mineralization from Alexander River and Big River, as well as potentially treating material from other historical mines on the Reefton Goldfield.
This work has been extended to allow for a detailed site visit and additional works, including a review of the potential for processing of mineralization from the recently acquired Sams Creek Project, as well as further test work to be conducted on stibnite related gold and antimony recovery from the various Reefton projects.
Study works have been successful to date, are progressing steadily and will be ongoing over the coming months.
“The positive and successful metallurgical test results are another significant milestone and another positive step forwards for Siren Gold in advancing and developing a major gold mining operation on the company’s Reefton and Sams Creek Gold Projects,” Siren Gold Managing Director, Brian Rodan, said.
“These results indicate a standard flow sheet will yield strong recoveries with the potential to feed a central processing plant from Siren’s existing high-grade resources.
“Siren Gold will continue to progress it’s Scoping Study with the support of GR Engineering with the view of developing a significant gold mining operation in Reefton, New Zealand.”
For further information please visit: https://www.sirengold.com.au