Drilling To Recommence At Aarnivalkea Gold Prospect
S2 Resources Ltd (ASX:S2R) reports that two diamond drill holes have been completed at the company’s 100% owned Ruopas Isovaara target in northern Finland.
These holes were designed to test a coincident electromagnetic (EM) plate and elevated nickel and copper in Base of Till (BoT) drillhole.
Hole FRPD0001 intercepted two 20-30cm zones of semi-massive sulphides within hydrothermal quartz veins at 190m and 259m.
Hole FRPD0002 was drilled 50 metres up-plunge and intercepted similar width semi-massive sulphide zones in the same stratigraphic positions at 138m and 205m downhole.
These sulphides are believed to be the source of the modelled fixed loop EM plate which was anticipated to be intercepted at approximately 250 metres downhole in FRPD0001.
Sulphides comprised predominantly pyrrhotite (iron sulphide) with minor chalcopyrite (copper sulphide). Due to the hydrothermal nature of the sulphide mineralisation and an association of gold and platinum group elements (PGEs) with veining and sulphides in some deposits within the Central Lapland Greenstone Belt, these sulphide zones will be assayed for precious metals.
Drilling of hole FRPD0002 is continuing to a depth of 250m to provide a platform for downhole electromagnetics (DHEM), with the aim of confirming that the conductive zone modelled from the ground EM has been satisfactorily explained.
The original fixed loop EM (FLEM) defined a conductive body measuring 280 metres long by 240 metres deep, dipping steeply to the northeast. Further mineralised zones in Aarni’ hole FAVD0065 Gold assay results have been received for the remainder of diamond holes FAVD0065 and FAV0066, the first two follow-up holes drilled at the company’s 100% owned Aarnivalkea gold prospect.
New intervals from hole FAVD0065 include:
• 2.00 metres at 1.5g/t gold from 127.0m metres,
• 19.80 metres at 0.7g/t gold from 305.2 metres, including 0.58 metres at 7.3g/t gold from 308.6 metres, and
• 1.87 metres at 3.0g/t gold from 329.1 metres.
These intercepts are in addition to those previously reported from hole FAVD0065 which include:
• 1.20 metres at 1.5g/t gold from 161.0 metres (revised interval based on additional assays),
• 5.81 metres at 2.7g/t gold from 381.1, including 0.62 metres at 16.7g/t gold from 386.3 metres, and
• 5.64 metres at 3.1g/t gold from 393.4 metres, including 1.04m at 14.2g/t gold from 393.4 metres No further significant intercepts were recorded in FAVD0061 beyond those previously reported, which include:
• 18.6 metres at 1.1g/t gold from 228.0 metres, including 1.8 metres at 7.60g/t gold from 244.8 metres,
• 0.64 metres at 7.5g/t gold from 314.2 metres, and
• 6.79 metres at 1.2g/t gold from 330.5 metres, including 0.89 metres at 5.2g/t gold from 335.5 metres (see Figure 2) Assays are awaited for seven further wide spaced scout diamond holes (FAVD0067 to FABD0073) drilled to depths of 240 to 520 metres over a 1.3 kilometre strike length.
Drilling at Aarni’ is due to recommence shortly.
For further information please visit: http://www.s2resources.com.au/