About To Undertake Largest Drill Campaign In Company’s History
Rumble Resources Ltd (ASX: RTR) is set commence the largest drilling campaign in its history, with a multi-rig programme at its Western Queen high-grade gold project, 110km NW of Mt Magnet in Western Australia.
Managing Director, Shane Sikora, said the programme will comprise of approximately 12,000m of diamond and reverse circulation (RC) drilling testing a range of high-grade gold targets.
RC drilling will focus on multiple high-grade gold shoot targets and the diamond drilling will focus on potential resource extension down-plunge of the Western Queen Central deposit.
“Our first two stages of drilling identified six compelling high-grade gold shoot targets, extended the high-grade gold at depth at the Western Queen Central Deposit and of geological importance, identified the high-grade gold is in skarn shoots,” Mr Sikora said.
“Rumble is excited to embark on the largest drill program in our company’s history. As a result of the new geological understanding and high-grade gold drill results to date, we have high confidence we are now zeroing in on the high-grade gold shoots, and are on the verge of making multiple, significant, high-grade gold discoveries.”
1. Western Queen Central – High-Grade Gold Shoot
Two stages of previous drilling by Rumble has confirmed the down-plunge continuity and position of the high-grade gold shoot providing confidence of further gold mineralisation at depth which remains open:
* 6m @ 34.24 g/t Auf rom 354m
* 6.3m @ 36.09 g/t Au from 305.7m
* 11.8m @ 16.08 g/t Au from 340.4m
2. Western Queen Central North – Potential Strike Extension of Shallow High-Grade Gold Mineralisation
The new “blind” shallow high-grade gold intersected 250m north of the historic Western Queen Central (8m @ 7.22 g/t Au from 49m – is open to the north.
Potential for repeats of the historic high-grade gold Western Queen Central Shoot to the north. (historic open pit production – 190,000oz @ 8.9 g/t Au)
3. Western Queen Central North – Potential High-Grade Gold Shoot
Immediately north of the Western Queen Central shoot and open cut historic drilling includes:
* 7m@ 60.6 g/t Au from 70m
* 6m @ 37.34 g/t Au from 50m
* 11m @ 16.8 g/t Au from 51m
4. Western Princess – Potential Shallow High-Grade Gold Shoot
* 5m @ 3.64 g/t Au from 52m
* 3m @ 19.9 g/t Au from 8m – Rumble Dec 2019
Drilling has shown the shear zone is wide with multiple structurally controlled shoots – there is high potential to define deeper plunging shoots
5. Western Queen Central Oxide – Potential Shallow High-Grade Gold Shoot
* 2m @ 40.37 g/t Au from 4m – Historic
* 3m@ 10.42 g/t Au from 1m – Historic
* 5m @ 5.11 g/t Au (Inc 1m @ 16.9 g/t Au) from 365.5m
Rumble – interpretation indicates drilling clipped high-grade shoot at depth
Potential to define a high-grade shoot below the oxide mineralisation
6. Cranes – Potential Shallow High-Grade Gold Shoot
* 14m @ 4.87 g/t Au from surface (CRAC015) – Rumble Dec 2019
o Potential to define a high-grade shoot below laterite mineralisation
7. 3km of highly prospective strike associated with the fertile Western Queen Shear Zone
o Recent understanding of reverse faults potentially “hiding’ near surface high-grade gold mineralisation north of the Western Queen Central deposit and the confirmation the shear zone extends south of the Western Queen South deposit has highlighted the potential for additional high-grade gold mineralisation over 3km of strike.
Previous exploration has been limited to shallow RAB drilling and surface geochemistry.