Identifies New Mineralised Zones At Canada Project
Red Pine Exploration Inc. (TSXV: RPX) has identified promising new zones of gold mineralisation in shear zones located on and adjacent to the company’s newly acquired War Eagle claims through results from its 2021 surface exploration programme
In parallel to its diamond drilling programme, initial highlights recently released in July and the identification of new zones of high-grade mineralisation released in late August 2021, Red Pine commenced a prospecting, channel sampling and surface mapping program.
This surface mapping programme was conducted on and within the surroundings of the War Eagle claims, which are a prominent part of the Company’s strategy to strengthen the Wawa Gold land package.
The War Eagle mining claims exhibit gold showings with similar characteristics to the Wawa Gold Project’s highly prospective Darwin-Grace structures, both of which are located in the McMurray Township, Michipicoten region of Ontario, and is therefore defined as a high-value target for exploration.
Highlights of the 2020 and 2021 surface exploration programme:
- Identification of promising zones of gold mineralization in shear zones located on and adjacent to the newly acquired War Eagle claims, with the first set of grab samples containing between traces and 9.40 g/t gold. Assay results from additional grab samples and channel samples in the area remain pending.
- Discovery of a network of parallel quartz veins 290 metres north of the historic Darwin-Grace Mine. Grab samples from 2020 contain 67.90 g/t gold in one vein and grab samples obtained in 2021 contain 19.8 g/t gold in a parallel vein.
- Identification of the Nyman Vein 120 metres east of the main showing with grab samples containing up to 4.10 g/t gold.
- Identification of a new gold showing located near the historic Moody Pit, 900 metres north-east of the Darwin-Grace Mine, with grab samples from 2020 and 2021 containing between 4.03 and 11.50 g/t gold.
- Identification of the southern extension of the Grace Shear Zone where assay results remain pending.
- Channel sampling on near the War Eagle showing of 1.84 g/t gold over 4.70 metres, including 4.64 g/t gold over 1.00 metre and 2.43 g/t gold over 3.00 metres including 4.74 g/t gold over 1.00 metre (Table 1 and Figure 2).
“The Wawa Gold Project’s large land package continues to exhibit prolific occurrences of gold mineralisation. Our 2021 exploration programme includes efforts to expand our knowledge and prioritize these targets for future diamond drilling. As we continue to delineate both the Surluga and Minto Mine South deposits, we are confident that these greenfield targets located in the underexplored areas of the property will add value to the project and to our shareholders” Quentin Yarie, President and CEO.
War Eagle Claims
Field mapping, channel sampling and prospecting on and around the War Eagle claims identified numerous shear zones with visual indicators suggesting the presence of gold mineralization. This includes quartz shear veining, pyrite and arsenopyrite mineralization as well as areas of strong biotite or white micas alteration.
Field mapping was also successful at confirming the southern extension of the Grace Shear Zone, 125 metres along strike of the southernmost extension of the underground workings of the Darwin-Grace mine. Initial grab sample results from the mineralized structures identified in the area contain between 0.17 g/t and 9.40 g/t gold.
For further information please visit: https://www.redpineexp.com/