Project On Schedule For First Gold Production June 2022 Quarter
Red 5 Limited (ASX: RED) continues to make significant progress with the construction and development of its 2.4Moz, 16-year life-of-mine King of the Hills (KOTH) Gold Project in Western Australia.
The KOTH Project is progressing on schedule for first gold in the June Quarter 2022 and remains within budget, with key construction progress during September 2021 including:
• Installation of the mill shell (36-foot diameter) commenced, with the trunnion bearing sole plates having been grouted and the mill motors lifted into position (with each motor weighing 62 tonnes);
• Installation of the crusher building steelwork commenced, with the concrete base and chutes now installed and the gyratory crusher being assembled before lifting into place;
• Construction of the ROM wall is in progress, with 26 of 40 lifts completed;
• CIL tank painting is in progress, and the acid wash hopper and elution column installed;
• The liner handler delivered to site;
• Erection of the gold room commenced;
• The power station foundations are complete, installation of electrical cables has commenced, and the first gas engine is now in position;
• The mine services building is fully assembled, and the fit-out is ongoing; and • Earthworks are ongoing for the wall lift of Tailings Storage Facility 4
“September was another solid month of progress for our construction and development teams, and King of the Hills is now rapidly taking shape as Australia’s newest mid-tier gold mine,” Managing Director, Mark Williams, said.
“Thanks to the diligence and hard work of our in-house team, led by Project Manager Warren King and our EPC contracting partner MACA Interquip, development is powering ahead, and we continue to pass important milestones each month.
“As shown in the pictures, some of the key highlights for September have included the start of installation of the large mill shell and the crusher building steelwork.
“With the painting of the CIL tanks and construction of the ROM wall in progress, the site overall is rapidly beginning to resemble the state-of-the-art gold mining and processing centre that it will soon become!
“We continue to benefit from having locked in the key long-lead items and contracts last year as we remain on schedule and on budget for first gold by the June Quarter 2022.”
For further information please visit: https://www.red5limited.com/site/content/