Probe Metals Inc. (TSXV: PRB) (OTCQB: PROBF) has returned impressive new intersections in the first set of results from the 2022 drill programme on its 100%-owned Val-d’Or East Monique property near Val-d’Or, Quebec.
Results from 28 holes from the 2022 resource drilling programme returned significant gold intercepts within and surrounding the conceptual pits from the 2021 Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) report.
The company has also reported that the 2022 resource drilling programme is progressing very well with almost half of the 150,000-m program mecompleted in the first four months of the year. Results from over 165 holes drilled since the beginning of 2022 at Monique are still pending.
- Monique gold zones continue to expand along strike and depth
- Expansion drilling returned impressive new intersections grading up to: 6.0 g/t Au over 16.4 metres (including 60.6 g/t Au over 1.5 metres), 1.9 g/t Au over 18.3 metres and 40.4 g/t Au over 1.0 metre between surface and 400 metres depth
- Infill drilling continues to strengthen resource, returning: 3.0 g/t Au over 13.2 metres, 3.9 g/t Au over 8.9 metres, 1.6 g/t Au over 21.1 metres and 2.3 g/t Au over 8.0 metres near surface inside Monique Gold Trend’s open-pittable deposits
- Over 72,000 metres of drilling completed year-to-date at Val-d’Or East – additional 78,000 metres to be completed by the end of the year
- Nine drills active on the Val-d’Or East project including 6 on the Monique Gold Trend
“Both the expansion and infill programs at Monique continue to produce excellent result and continue to increase our confidence in not only the current resource but the exploration upside of the project,” President and CEO, David Palmer, said.
“These are large, robust gold systems that have significant potential for growth and new discoveries and we will continue to push this exploration in 2022. In addition to advancing another step closer to production, this year’s drilling programme is also demonstrating the potential for Val-d’Or East to continue increasing in scale and value and to compete in an active gold market.”
Expansion drilling – 16 of the latest 28 holes are from the expansion drilling programme and were designed to test the extension of the A, G, I, J, L, P, Q and S zones laterally and from surface to 400 metres depth. All of these expansion drilling holes intersected the gold structures as predicted by our 3D model in and around the 2021 conceptual pits.
Infill drilling – 11 infill holes designed to test the continuity of B, G, J, L and M zones inside the conceptual pits between surface to 300 metres depth successfully intersected gold mineralization and confirmed the current block model with respect to grades and thicknesses.
The Monique Gold Trend deposits are all open along strike and at depth. All intercepts listed in today’s news release will be included in an updated resource for the Val-d’Or East project, which will form the basis of the prefeasibility study (PFS) expected to be completed in 2023.
For further information please visit: https://www.probemetals.com/