Intercepts 10.95 g/t Au At Grenfell Gold Project At Kirkland Lake
Pelangio Exploration Inc.’s (TSXV:PX) phase 2 drill programme at the Grenfell gold project, located near Kirkland Lake, Ontario has successfully intercepted gold in both higher-grade narrow vein intersections and a series of new gold bearing intercepts.
The company has received and reviewed all assay results from the phase 2 drill programme completed in the northern fall of 2020 and believes the results indicate continued success from the phase 1 drilling programme completed in the northern spring of 2020.
Highlights of Phase 2 Drill Programme:
- Hole JS2013 intersected a new vein (No.1 HW Vein) in the hanging wall of the No.1 Vein which returned 10.95 g/t Au over 3.0including a higher-grade intercept of 23.4 g/t Au over 1m;
- Hole JS2013 targeted the No.1/No.6 Vein intersection as mapped on the 76m level historical workings:
- The hole returned 11.4 g/t Au over 0.6m approximately 10m above the projected intersection;
- The hole also returned 1.16 g/t Au over 7.5m in the hanging wall of the No.1 Vein;
- Hole JS2014 returned two new significant zones of mineralization approximately 50m below the historical No.1 Vein sill drift workings (76m level). These new mineralised zones assayed 1.45 g/t Au over 9m and 1.76 g/t over 4.5mincluding some higher-grade intercepts of 4.02 g/t Au over 1.1m and 3.46 g/t Au over 1.5m respectively;and
- Hole JS2011 targeted the up dip projection of No.1 Vein and returned a mineralized intercept in the hanging wall of the No.1 Vein which assayed 1.26 g/t Au over 6.8mincluding4.91 g/t Au over 1.5m.
“These results are extremely encouraging and continue to demonstrate excellent potential and captivate our attention at Grenfell,” President and CEO, Ingrid Hibbard, said.
“The recent results complement our initial work in the spring of 2020 which returned some impressive high grade results of 314 g/t gold over 1.74m (uncut). Our team will be modelling the new exploration data to continue to refine our understanding of the mineralisation and the geometry of the zones in anticipation of the next round of drilling.”
The Grenfell property is comprised of 38 mining cells and eight leased claims covering an area of approximately 6.7 sq, kmand is located 10 km northwest of the Town of Kirkland Lake Ontario.
The recent drill programme consisted of five holes totalling 540m.