Pantera Minerals Limited (ASX:PFE) has received promising manganese rock chip results from newly granted tenement E 52/4071, with Pantera identifying a large coherent manganese target within the tenement at Weelarrana, located 70km south of Newman in West Australia’s Pilbara region.
“We are delighted to have received assay results confirming a further manganese mineralization area within the Weelarrana project area. The identification of an additional area of mineralization adds to potential for the discovery of high-grade manganese mineralization. We will now undertake the approval process allowing for a first pass RC drilling programme,” CEO, Matt Hansen, said.
“We look forward to addressing the market with further updates over the coming weeks.”
• 31 rock chip samples taken in mid-December 2022 have been returned
• 23 out of 31 of the rock chip samples returned manganese grades >10% Mn with an average returned manganese grade of 25.1% Mn.
• Manganese grades ranged from 11.3% Mn to 39.8% Mn and cover an area of 5km x 3km of outcropping to sub-cropping Balfour Formation
• The Balfour Formation hosts the Firebirds Metals Hill, 616 manganese deposit (57.5Mt @12.2% Mn) which is 5.5km to the north-west of E 52/4071. The Balfour Formation is a manganiferous shale formation.
• Further rock chip sampling and mapping to define the extents of outcropping mineralization
• First pass RC drill program to be planned
• Cultural and heritage survey to be arranged to allow for first pass RC drilling
• RC drilling planned for the second half of 2023
For further information please visit: https://panteraminerals.com/