Hits Gold Outside Enchi Gold Project Defined Resource
Newcore Gold Ltd (TSX-V:NCAU) has received positive results from the drill programme underway on the company’s 100% owned Enchi Gold Project in Ghana.
Drilling has intersected 1.38 grams per tonne gold 45m from 8 m, including 6.25 g/t Au over 6.0 m from 47 m, at the Nyam Gold Deposit at Enchi.
President an CEOLuke Alexander said drilling intersected both shallow oxide and deeper sulphide gold mineralisation outside of the currently defined mineral resource.
- Drilling at Nyam has successfully intersected both shallow oxide and deeper sulphide gold mineralisation outside of the currently defined mineral resource.
- Highlights from holes drilled at Nyam include:
- Hole NBRC017 intersected 1.38 g/t Au over 45.0 m from 8 m to 53 m, including 6.25 g/t Au over 6.0 m from 47 m to 53 m (oxide transitioning to sulphide zone at 30 m).
- Hole NBRC020 intersected multiple zones including 1.14 g/t Au over 9.0 m from 51 m to 60 m, 0.94 g/t Au over 29.0 m from 73 m to 102 m, and 1.18 g/t Au over 10.0 m from 110 m to 120 m (sulphide zones).
- A second drill rig is now on site, with a third drill rig expected to arrive by the end of November.
Mr Alexander said drilling on the Project continues with the current on-going 58,000m discovery and resource expansion drilling focused on drilling extensions to the existing resource zones, drilling previously drilled zones that are outside of current resources, and first pass discovery drilling to test a series of kilometre-scale gold-in-soil and geophysical anomalous zones with no prior drilling.
“The on-going drill programme continues to delineate the potential for resource expansion at our existing resource areas at Enchi,” Mr Alexander said.
“We are delighted with these results as they highlight the resource growth potential at Nyam which currently has the least amount of drilling from the three resource areas on the Project. A second drill rig is now on site, with a third rig expected to arrive by the end of November, allowing us to ramp up the pace of drilling.
“The 58,000m drill programme underway is the largest drill programme ever planned on the Project which will allow us to accelerate the resource expansion potential of the underexplored Enchi Gold Project.”
To date a total of 9,772m in 63 holes have been completed as part of the Phase1 (8,000m) 2020 RC drill programme, with Phase 2 (50,000m) now underway.