Newcore Gold Ltd (TSXV: NCAU, OTCQX: NCAUF) has obtained additional positive drill results from the 90,000 m drill programme underway at the company’s 100% owned Enchi Gold Project in Ghana.
Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling on the southern end of the Sewum Gold Deposit at Enchi has intersected shallow high-grade oxide gold mineralisation grading 1.98 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au) over 25.0 m from 3.0 m, as well as high-grade results in deeper sulphide mineralisation including 2.14 g/t Au over 18.0 m from 123 m.
Newcore’s ongoing drill programme also includes testing previously drilled targets on the property. Diamond (DD) drilling at the Eradi Gold Target at Enchi has intersected wide gold mineralisation grading 0.89 g/t Au over 47.8 m from 41.2 m, including 6.44 g/t Au over 2.5 m from 41.2 m and 2.14 g/t Au over 5.8 m from 54.2 m.
Highlights from Drilling at Sewum and Eradi
RC drilling at the southern end of the Sewum Gold Deposit (also referred to as Sewum Extension) intersected near surface oxidized gold mineralisation:
- Hole SWRC164 encountered a gold mineralized structure near surface grading 1.98 g/t Au over 25.0 m from 3 m, and a second zone of 0.58 g/t Au over 22.0 m from 48 m.
- Hole SWRC152, drilled on a sub-parallel structure, intersected mineralization near surface of 5.84 g/t Au over 6.0 m from 2 m, including 26.82 g/t Au over 1.0 m from 2 m.
- Additional RC drilling at Sewum Extension extended the gold mineralization to depth, into the upper portion of the sulphide zone, with results including:
- Hole SWRC160 intersected 2.14 g/t Au over 18.0 m from 123 m, including 3.01 g/t Au over 4.0 m from 124 m and 2.87 g/t Au over 7.0 m from 129 m.
- Hole SWRC165 intersected 1.31 g/t Au over 18 m from 73 m, including 8.28 g/t Au over 2.0 m from 83 m.
- Hole SWRC144 intersected 1.72 g/t Au over 13 m from 81 m.
- Diamond drilling at Eradi intersected multiple gold mineralized zones, including a wide zone with high-grade core structures:
- Hole ERDD020 intersected 0.89 g/t Au over 47.8 m from 41.2 m, including 6.44 g/t Au over 2.5 m from 41.2 m and 2.14 g/t Au over 5.8 m from 54.2 m.
Eradi is a previously drilled target at Enchi with no defined Mineral Resource Estimate. The zone has been tested at wide spacings over a strike length of 1.6 kilometres and remains open along strike and to depth.
“These results include drilling completed on the southern end of the Sewum Gold Deposit which has extended the gold mineralisation up and down dip, encountering high-grade gold in both near-surface oxides as well as in the deeper sulphides,” President and CEO, Luke Alexander, said.
“We also completed first pass drilling on a parallel structure at Sewum, situated outside of the current pit constrained mineral resource, which encountered high-grade mineralisation near-surface.
“In addition to testing the potential for resource growth at our existing deposit areas, the ongoing 90,000 m drill programme at Enchi is also focused on testing previously drilled areas on the property.
“Drilling at the Eradi target, which is situated on the northern end of the property, intersected widespread gold mineralisation over more than 1.1 kilometres of strike length.
“We continue to encounter high-grade gold results across our Project in Ghana, highlighting the resource growth potential at Enchi which is situated on a prolific gold belt that hosts numerous multi-million-ounce gold mines.”
For further information please visit: https://newcoregold.com/