Drills 2.04 g/t Gold Over 35.0 Metres In Ghana
Newcore Gold Ltd (TSXV: NCAU) (OTCQX: NCAUF) has encountered multiple wide zones of gold mineralisation, including high-grade structures in its current 90,000m drill programme at the Company 100% owned Enchi Gold Project in Ghana.
Drilling at the Nyam Gold Deposit at Enchi has intersected high-grade, oxide gold mineraliasation grading 2.04 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au” over 35.0m from surface, including 4.89 g/t Au over 8.0m from 8m.
Drilling at Nyam continues to encounter higher-grade gold mineralisation from surface, with wide zones encountered in both the oxide and sulphide mineralisation. These results also tested the southern extension at Nyam, increasing the drill tested strike extent at Nyam to three kilometres.
Highlights from Drilling at Nyam
Drilling on the southern portion of Nyam encountered multiple wide zones of near surface gold mineralization, including high-grade cores.
- Hole NBRC075 intersected, from surface, an oxidized high-grade gold mineralized structure grading 2.04 g/t Au over 35.0 m, including 4.89 g/t Au over 8.0 m from 8 m.
- Hole NBRC073 intersected 0.78 g/t Au over 57.0 m from 74 m (sulphide zone).
- Hole NBRC076 intersected 0.85 g/t Au over 50.0 m from 1 m (oxide zone transitioning to sulphide zone), including 1.18 g/t Au over 13.0 m from 1 m and 2.10 g/t Au over 8.0 m from 31 m.
Drilling on the central portion of Nyam tested oxide and sulphide mineralisation and encountered multiple zones of shallow high-grade gold mineralisation.
- Hole NBRC087 intersected a high-grade gold mineralised structure in the sulphide zone grading 2.14 g/t Au over 19.0 m from 84 m, including 4.14 g/t Au over 2.0 m from 92 m.
- Hole NBRC088 intersected 0.88 g/t Au over 28.0 m from 57 m, including 5.09 g/t Au over 2.0 m from 80 m (sulphide zone).
Drilling targeting the oxide zone continued to return strong results, with hole NBRC085 intersecting 1.26 g/t Au over 18.0 m from surface and hole NBRC086 intersecting 1.24 g/t Au over 19.0 m from 17 m.
Step out holes completed to test the southern extent of Nyam have extended the drill tested portion of the Nyam structure by 800 metres to the south.
- Hole NBRC066, drilled 800 metres south of the current resource pit, intersected 0.52 g/t Au over 15.0 m from 89 m (sulphide zone).
President and CEO, Luke Alexander, said drilling continues at Enchi with recent drilling testing Eradi and Sewum South, gold targets with no defined mineral resource.
“Drilling at Nyam continues to deliver strong results, demonstrating the potential for resource growth across our Enchi Gold Project,” Mr Alexander said.
“We have increased the strike extent of drilled mineralisation at Nyam with mineralisation now intersected along more than three kilometres of strike length, remaining open along strike and at depth.
“We also continue to encounter shallow, higher-grade gold mineralisation at Nyam with drilling intersecting wide zones of mineralization in both the oxides and sulphides.
“Given the success we have achieved to date with drilling at Nyam, we will continue to test the potential to grow the shallow oxide resource at this deposit while testing the potential for higher-grade mineralisation at depth.”
For further information please visit: https://newcoregold.com/