Drilling Continues To Expand Fraser Range Prospect
Legend Mining Limited (ASX:LEG) has returned the best intersection yet in its drilling at the Mawson prospect within the Rockford Project, Fraser Range, Western Australia.
The company has now received assay results from diamond drillholes RKDD017, 016 and 014 and provided an update on drillholes RKDD018-020 at the Mawson prospect.
The three diamond drillholes (RKDD018-020) totalling 1,334.9m have been completed at the Mawson and NE Mawson prospects with selected samples from these holes submitted for assaying.
The drillholes were testing a combination of extensions to mineralisation intersected in previous drilling and FLTEM conductors.
A summary of the assay results from RKDD017, 016 and 014 and the geology/mineralisation from holes RKDD018-020 is as follows:
- RKDD017 intersected three significant intervals of massive sulphide Ø 9.55m @ 2.07% Ni, 1.27% Cu , 0.11% Co from 158.60m
- 2.80m @ 2.84% Ni, 2.06% Cu, 0.15% Co from 193.10m
- 19.80m @ 2.71% Ni, 1.79% Cu , 0.13% Co from 227.80m
- RKDD016 intersected 1.85m @ 1.13% Ni, 0.35% Cu, 0.05% Co from 112.70m
- RKDD014 intersected 7.70m @ 1.29% Ni, 0.68% Cu, 0.07% Co from 249.90m
- RKDD018 intersected 12.85m of supergene overprinted Ni-Cu sulphide from 103.70m
Legend Managing Director, Mark Wilson, said the “paydirt” grades returned over 35.95m in hole 17 confirm this to be the best hole drilled at Mawson to date.
“The mineralisation remains open to the northeast, southwest and east of the current diamond drilling and requires further analysis of all datasets prior to planning step out RC/diamond holes.”
Mr Wilson said Legend’s future work will include:
- Continue 3,000m RC drilling programme targeting known sulphide mineralisation, geochemical anomalies and gravity features;
- Continue infill aircore drill programme across the greater Mawson area; and
Ongoing integration of RC, aircore and gravity datasets to assist future diamond drillhole planning/design.
Would you like to receive notfications in your browser for our new posts? If so, subscribe now!