Completes Maiden Drilling Programme At Flagship Mongolian Project
ION Energy Limited (TSXV: ION) (OTCQB: IONGF) has successfully wrapped up the first ever exploration drilling programme at its 100% owned Baavhai Uul Lithium Salar Project in south eastern Mongolia.
- First ever drilling programme successfully completed on a Lithium Salar project in Mongolia;
- 21 core drill holes completed for 823.2m;
- Brine samples collected and initial samples submitted for analysis;
- Basin targets remain open and brines intersected are shallow; and
- Additional drilling and sampling is currently being planned
CEO, Ali Haji, said the company has completed the drilling of 21 drill holes through the highlighted prospective basins. Collection of core samples, sediments and shallow brine from aquifers has been completed and submitted to SGS Laboratories (ISO 17025 Certified) in Ulaanbataar, Mongolia for assaying results of which will be analysed in the coming months.
“The company is highly encouraged by the stratigraphic lithologies and brines intersected in the maiden drilling program at Baavhai Uul and both basin targets remain open in area,” Mr Haji said.
“These are the first of many exciting Lithium Salar targets that ION Energy is generating in Mongolia for drilling in 2021.”
For further information please visit: https://www.ionenergy.ca/