HighGold Mining Inc. (TSXV:HIGH, OTCQX:HGGOF) has announced plans for a US$9 million exploration programme the 2022 field season at the Johnson Tract polymetallic Gold Project in Southcentral Alaska, USA.
The Project hosts the high-grade JT Deposit with a 0.75moz indicated resource at 10.9 g/t gold equivalent (AuEq). An updated and expanded mineral resource for the JT Deposit is expected to be delivered before the end of the second quarter 2022 and will incorporate 27,000 meters of drilling from the 2020 and 2021 drill programmes.
2022 Johnson Tract Exploration Program Strategy
- A minimum of 13,000 meters of diamond drilling allocated to test the following:
- JT Deposit (Approx. 35% of metres) – focused step-out and infill drilling on the mineral resource footprint, including follow-up on successful down-plunge and on strike expansion drill holes completed in 2021 including. 4.3m grading 20.0 g/t AuEq
- DC Prospect Discovery in 2022 (Approx. 35% of metres) – follow-up drilling of the exceptionally high-grade, late season drill discovery, of 6.4m grading 577.9 g/t Au and2,023 g/t Ag(included 1.26m at 2,860 g/t Au and 9,990 g/t Ag plus 1.5m at 60.7 g/t Au and 220 g/t Ag.
- Milkbone Prospect, Priority Target (Approx. 20% of metres)– first time testing of high-grade soil geochemistry and boulder samples (up to 8.3 g/t Au and 184 g/t Aurespectively) at the Milkbone Prospect and the 1.2 km long northeast trending mineralised corridor between the Milkbone and DC prospects
- Other Johnson District prospects (Approx. 10% of metres) – including Kona, Easy Creek and South Valley.
- Preparations well underway to open camp mid-June with drilling to commence shortly thereafter
- Commissioning of an onsite sample preparation facility for crushing and pulverising drill core samples, which will significantly reduce assay turn-around time and enable more efficient follow-up of positive results during the 2022 drill program
- Preliminary engineering and environmental baseline studies to support Project planning
- Geological mapping, prospecting, and soil and rock sampling programmes to follow-up and expand on the positive results generated from the 2021 programme and refine drill targets coupled with Drone-Magnetic airborne surveying
“After drilling one of the best drill intersections globally in 2021, we are poised to have drills turning to follow-up on our exciting new high-grade discovery at the DC Prospect,” President and CEO, Darwin Green, said.
“Our priority objectives and allocation of capital for the 2022 drill programme are: i) continued expansion of the JT Deposit; ii) definition of one or more new deposits within the DC-Milkbone prospect area; and iii) make a further discovery on one of the regional targets.
“We are particularly excited about getting back to the new DC discovery with additional drilling and to the Milkbone prospect where we had the highest gold grade in soil samples anywhere on the property to date. With C$19.5 million in working capital, HighGold is fully funded for the planned programme.”
For further information please visit: https://highgoldmining.com/