Campaign Will Include Drilling At Los Dablos, Goliath, Outamind And Parlay
Greatland Gold plc (AIM:GGP) has released details on the initial 2021 work programme for the Juri Joint Venture (Juri JV) with Newcrest Mining, including drilling of several targets within the Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences in Western Australia.
Multiple additional targets within the Juri JV have been identified following analysis of results of a heliborne Airborne Electromagnetic (AEM) survey conducted last year and further geological interpretation of regional aeromagnetics. Exploration work at the Juri JV is focussed on the discovery of intrusion related gold-copper deposits similar to Havieron, Telfer and Winu.
2021 Juri JV Work Programme
- First round of drilling of high priority targets across the Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences, including Los Diablos, Goliath, Outamind and Parlay, expected to commence by early April.
- Ground electromagnetics (EM) surveys to be conducted over several new targets identified following interpretation of AEM data to better locate and prioritise targets.
- Camps and infrastructure are being established with field activities scheduled to commence in the coming weeks.
CEO, Shaun Day,said analysis of results from a Heliborne AEM geophysical survey conducted last year has identified multiple new conductors within the Juri JV including:
- A11 – a moderate amplitude anomaly located along or adjacent to the major province scale Anketell-Samphire Fault.
- A25 (Tama Prospect) – a strong, apparently flat lying conductor, interpreted to represent a supergene horizon developed in or over an intermediate to mafic pipe intruding granite.
“It is with great excitement that we announce plans to begin exploration under our second joint venture with Newcrest in the Paterson region,” Mr Day said.
“Drilling will commence in the coming weeks at our Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences, testing the high-priority targets Parlay, Goliath, Outamind and Los Diablos. The joint venture will also look to progress several additional compelling targets that have emerged following analysis of geophysical data.
“We entered the Juri JV to accelerate our exploration activity and maximise value of the Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences and this initial 2021 work programme is an important step towards achieving that goal.
“The Juri JV campaign forms part of our multi-pronged exploration strategy for 2021 in the highly prospective Paterson region. As Juri JV drilling gets underway, this will complement the ongoing work at Havieron with 65,000m of growth drilling planned in the next six months together with our exploration activities at our 100% licences across the region.”
The Juri JV comprises the Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences covering an area of approximately 249 square kilometres in the Paterson region of north-western Australia.
The 2021 Work Programme for the Juri JV will include the following activities as agreed by the Juri JV partners:
- Drill testing of several high-priority targets across the Paterson Range East licence, including Goliath, Outamind and Los Diablos.
- Drill testing of the Parlay target, a discrete magnetic anomaly with coincident gravity response in the south-west of the Black Hills licence.
- Ground EM surveys to better locate and prioritise multiple additional targets through Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences.