Drills 4.1 g/t Au Over 10.25m And 5.7 g/t Au Over 25.0m From Adrian Zone
Galway Metals Inc. (TSXV:GWM) has expanded three areas at its Clarence Stream property in southwest New Brunswick, Canada.
- New Discovery Area : follow-up to discovery hole CL-72 that intersected 4.8 g/t Au over 3.1m with new hole CL-111, which returned 4.1 g/t Au over 10.25m . This area is located 900m NW of the Adrian Zone
- George Murphy Zone (GMZ): expanded by 50% along strike to over 1.1km with 1.7 g/t Au over 10.0m in hole CL-109. This hole was drilled between the previous eastern limit of the GMZ and 400m stepout hole CL-75, which returned 9.4 g/t Au over 0.5m
- Adrian Zone : expanded by 49m to the SE with visible gold (VG) in hole CL-116, plus hole CL-103 intersected 5.7 g/t Au over 25.0m, located 61m NW of the hole 116 intersection, and 16.4m west of 22.7 g/t Au over 3.5m in previously-reported hole CL-92
President and CEO, Robert Hinchcliffe, said the new discovery, 900m NW of Adrian, has been confirmed with additional mineralisation in follow-up drilling.
“You’ve got to love the constant new discoveries and subsequent expansions – just like we predicted, based on geologic evidence. We feel comfortable to predict that there’s more to come,” Mr Hinchcliffe said.
“The upcoming resource will potentially have plenty of room to grow.”
Follow-up drilling was undertaken around discovery hole CL-72 that intersected 4.8 g/t Au over 3.1m in sediments between two intrusions (20m away from one) and that was controlled by a fault.
Follow-up hole CL-111 intersected 4.1 g/t Au over 10.25m in what is likely another vein. This hole intersected five separate veins. The area is located 900m NW and likely along a different trend than the Adrian Zone, which was discovered in July 2020 and returned 13.4 grams per tonne (g/t) Au over 12.95 metres (m) in discovery hole CL-65.
GMZ Zone: Extended by 50% to More Than 1.1km
Drilling was undertaken to follow up on hole CL-75, a 400m stepout east of the eastern limit and along strike of the GMZ, which returned 9.4 g/t Au over 0.5m that hosted visible gold (VG). The intervening 400m is the continuation of the same soil anomaly that originally led to the discovery of the GMZ in December 2017 and had not yet been drilled. At about midway between the previous eastern limit of the GMZ and the 9.4/0.5m intersect, hole CL-109 returned 1.7 g/t Au over 10.0m in a massive quartz vein. With these two intersects, the GMZ has been expanded by 50% to more than 1.1km from 765m.
Adrian Zone: Extended
At the Adrian Zone, follow-up drilling was undertaken on the previously-reported intersection in hole CL-92 that returned 22.7 g/t Au over 3.5m, including 98.7 g/t Au over 0.5 . Follow-up hole CL-103 intersected 5.7 g/t Au over 25.0m, including 20.5 g/t Au over 5.95m, located 61m NW of the VG intersected in hole 116, and 16.4m west of the intersection in hole 92.
The VG in hole CL-116 is hosted in 10.5 metres of 50% smoky quartz veining with 3-5% sulphides, located 49m SE of the previous edge of the Adrian Zone and 75m SE of the new intersection in hole 103.
These intersections in holes 92, 103 and 116 are all near the same elevation and it is thought that, like the rest of Adrian, this could represent a folded, locally, flat-dipping vein. Hole 116 represents the furthest mineralisation to the east intersected to date in the Adrian Zone – none of the new zones, which cover a strike length of 3.1km, are yet in resource. Hole 116 also represents an eastern extension along strike to the Adrian Zone, which is now 462m long, up from 450m previously.
With the new interpretation of the Adrian Zone as a folded, locally, flat-dipping vein, the previously-reported intersection from CL20-52, which grades 1.1 g/t Au over 78.5m, now has a true width of 77.4m vs. the 59.1m previously reported.
- Hole CL-111 intersected 4.1 g/t Au over 10.25m, including 33.5 g/t Au over 1.1m, plus 2.6 g/t Au over 2.5m, starting at vertical depths of 16.5m and 108m, respectively
- Hole CL-72 intersected 4.8 g/t Au over 3.1m, starting at a vertical depth of 95m
- Hole CL-110 intersected 0.9 g/t Au over 3.65m, starting at a vertical depth of 64.5m
- Hole CL-104 intersected 4.0 g/t Au over 1.6m, starting at a vertical depth of 53.8m
GMZ East Extension (400m):
- Hole CL-109 intersected 1.7 g/t Au over 10.0m, starting at a vertical depth of 155m
- ** Hole CL-75 intersected 9.4 g/t Au over 0.5m, starting at a vertical depth of 204m
Adrian Zone East Extension :
- Hole CL-103 intersected 5.7 g/t Au over 25.0m, including 20.5 g/t Au over 5.95m, starting at a vertical depth of 286m
- Hole CL-116 intersected visible gold (VG) in 50% smoky quartz veining with 3-5% sulphides, starting at a vertical depth of 295.5m
- Hole CL21-92 intersected 22.7 g/t Au over 3.5m, including 98.7 g/t Au over 0.5m at 301m below surface; it also intersected 24.6 g/t Au over 3.0 , including 67.0 g/t Au over 1.0m at 80.5m below surface, and 11.3 g/t Au over 0.5m at 180m below surface.
For further information please visit: https://galwaymetalsinc.com/