Frontier Lithium Inc. (TSXV: FL) has obtained high-grade results for five additional drill holes completed during the Phase XII drill programme in Ontario on the Spark pegmatite which began in May 2022 and is currently in progress.
The initial drill holes were designed to convert inferred material to the indicated category for the planned open pit. The Spark pegmatite is one of the two delineated premium spodumene-bearing lithium deposits on the PAK Lithium Project.
- Phase XII delineation and infill drilling with two drill rigs is currently being conducted, whereby, the company has completed 11,150m of drilling in 34 holes as of September 11, 2022. Analysis from 5 of the holes have been received and reported herein.
- DDH PL-062-22 Intersected a total of 180.8m of pegmatite averaging 1.55% Li2O with thin sheets of mafic rafts within the pegmatite as expected. Collared north of the Spark Pegmatite in mafic volcanic, hole was drilled to convert inferred material at depth and to provide a northern contact of the Spark Pegmatite. Hole was terminated in pegmatite due to time constraints and will extended later in the programme.
- Includes 16.9m from 178.0m to 194.9m of 2.19% Li2O
- DDH PL-066-22 intersected 338.0m of continuous pegmatite averaging 1.79% Li2O. Collared in pegmatite on the southern end of the Spark orebody, the hole was drilled to convert inferred material at depth
- Includes 14m zone from 89.0m to 103.0m of 2.73% Li2O
- Includes 14m zone from 159.0m to 173.0m of 2.58% Li2O
- Includes 24m zone from 191.0m to 215.0m of 2.52% Li2O
- DDH PL-070-22, PL-071-22 and PL-073-22 were collared proximal to each other and fanned out to test both the northern upper and southern lower contacts with the mafic host rock. As expected, they intersected diminishing proportions of pegmatite from west to east with an increase in mafic rafts towards the east.
- PL-070-22 intersected a total of 181.1m of pegmatite averaging 1.53% Li2O
- PL-071-22 intersected a total of 107.7m of pegmatite averaging 1.40% Li2O
- Includes 5.4m from 242.6 to 248.0m averaging 663 ppm Ta2O5 and 1.3% Li2O
- PL-073-22 intersected a total of 124.5m of pegmatite averaging 1.38% Li2O
- Includes 16.0m from 92.2 to 108.1 averaging 521 ppm Ta2O5 and 1.02% Li2O
“We are extremely pleased with the drilling results to date,” V.P. Exploration, Garth Drever, said.
“The infill-drilling continues to be predictable, the pegmatite remains open in all directions and zones of elevated tantalum and cesium along with lithium are being delineated.”
The initial objective for the Phase XII drill programme was to focus on converting the inferred resource within the central portion of the Spark deposit at depth. DDH’s PL-062-22 was terminated in pegmatite and PL-066-22 was ended in mafic volcanics due to PFS time constraints requiring quick turn-around of analysis. With one month of drilling remaining in the current programme, Frontier will focus on defining the limits of the pegmatite and deepening many of the initial holes that had been terminated earlier in the programme.
For further information please visit: https://www.frontierlithium.com/