Far East Gold Limited (ASX:FEG) has identified visible gold and electrum within drill core from the Rek Rinti prospect as part of the Woyla Project’s Phase 2 resource delineation drill programme in Indonesia.
The company also revealed that recent detailed mapping has identified coarse visible gold within surface rock samples at the Aloe Eumpeuk prospect located to the south of Rek Rinti.
Rek Rinti Prospect Area Phase 2 Resource Delineation Drill Programme
• Finely disseminated electrum and visible gold with other sulphides were identified within a quartz vein intersected in drill hole AGM007. The hole was drilled as part of the company’s Phase 2 resource delineation drill program focused on the Agam Zone within the Rek Rinti prospect area.
• The mineralization occurs within narrow ginguro bands in massive quartz. This is consistent with the bonanza grade gold (Au) and silver (Ag) mineralization observed within ginguro bands intersected in the Phase 1 scout drillhole RRD004 situated 50m to northeast of AGM007 along strike and reported on previously by the company.
• The identification of electrum and visible gold in drillhole AGM007 confirms lateral extension of high-grade mineralization within the Agam Zone.
Aloe Eumpeuk Prospect Area Scout Drilling to Commence
• The company is expediting preparations for the maiden scout drilling programme at the Aloe Eumpeuk prospect area located 1.5km to the southwest of the Rek Rinti vein system. The company expects the first ever drilling of this prospect area to commence before the end of March 2023.
• Previous exploration of Aloe Eumpeuk (Barrick, 1997) identified two high-grade veins extending for approximately 300m along strike. Previous sampling by FEG confirmed the occurrence of high-grade gold and silver within massive quartz at surface. Assays of up to 63g/t Au and 1,179g/t Ag were obtained from grab samples showing ginguro-bands.
• Recent mapping by FEG has confirmed vein extents and identified coarse visible gold within samples of quartz taken from artisanal mining pits.
As part of the company’s Phase 2 scout drilling program FEG is preparing to undertake an initial six hole, 650m scout drill plan at Aloe Eumpeuk to test these veins that have delivered high grade gold and silver samples at surface.
For further information please visit: https://www.fareast.gold/