First Gold Pour At Cambodian Mine Set For S2Q21
Emerald Resources NL (ASX: EMR) reports that its 100% owned 1.14Moz Okvau Gold Project in Cambodia is tracking on-time and on-budget for commissioning and first gold pour in 2021.
“Our dedicated team in country has advanced the development of the Okvau Gold Project significantly in recent months to be on schedule for the successful commissioning of the process plant and deliver first gold production prior to the end of the current quarter,” Managing Director, Morgan Hart, said.
“This represents an exceptional effort given the logistical challenges brought on by the global pandemic and done whilst maintaining first-class protocols to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of staff, contractors and stakeholders.
“The expected first gold production will mark a significant milestone for Emerald and herald a new chapter for the Company as a +100,000 ounce per annum gold producer with an average LOM AISC of US$754/oz.”
The major construction development activities that have advanced in recent months include;
- Construction of the Okvau substation has been completed with testing works at an advanced stage in preparation for energising the plant;
- Structural steel and platework erection has advanced in the primary crushing, transfer station and stockpile areas including installation of mechanical equipment;
- The Pebble crusher building has been erected and mechanical equipment installed;
- Works in the Milling area has included the erection of structural steel and platework in addition to the installation of ancillary mechanical equipment;
- SAG mill installation activities were slightly behind schedule due to logistics related to the COVID pandemic. However the installation process is now on time and in line with project commissioning requirements;
- Flotation and regrind circuit structural steel and platework has been erected with mechanical installation at an advanced stage;
- CIL and detox areas structural steel and platework has been erected with mechanical installation at an advanced stage;
- Electrical and piping installation activities have commenced and are advancing in line with project commissioning requirements;
- Construction and lining of process and raw water dams complete; and
- Raw water feed and tailings line pipework installation in progress.
Mining activities at Okvau have focused on in-pit waste movement, ROM and TSF construction activities, with the first high grade ore mined and stockpiled on the ROM in mid-March 2021
.MACA Mining has continued recruitment and training of the local workforce and completed their fleet mobilisation with the delivery of their third D10 dozer and second ROM loader in recent weeks.