Hemi Discovery Growing Into Very Large Gold System
De Grey Mining Limited (ASX:DEG) is confident it is on the trail of a world class gold opportunity with drilling results continuing to expand its exciting Hemi Discovery near Port Hedland in Western Australia’s Pilbara Region.
The latest success has been achieved at the Aquila Zone, which was targeted as part of a major follow up programme to test the new gold mineralisation play discovered at Hemi last year.
The Hemi gold discovery is hosted in a series of intrusions associated with stringer and disseminated sulphide rich zones. The style of mineralisation is new to the Pilbara region and shows a scale of mineralisation not seen in the project previously.
RC and diamond drilling, commenced in February 2020, testing three large gold zones at Aquila, Brolga and Crow within the overall Hemi gold system. Drilling to date shows the overall scale and dimensions of the shallow gold mineralisation across the combined Aquila Brolga, and Crow gold system that remains open and currently extends over 1000m in wide, 850m in strike and 300m in depth.
Stepout extension drilling, on a nominal 80m x 80m basis, continues across all three deposits to extend the limits of mineralisation and to assess the potential for a future large tonnage, low strip ratio open pit mining scenario.
De Grey Mining Technical Director, Andy Beck, said the scale and dimensions of the near surface mineralisation at Hemi continues to impress.
“The size of Hemi continues to grow with every drill program and we are also confident that additional new discoveries will be made along this prospective corridor.
“Western Australia is a Tier 1 mining jurisdiction, the project is surrounded by first class infrastructure close to Port Hedland and the project has the potential to be a world class discovery.”
Aquila is a parallel gold-sulphide zone to the immediate north of the Brolga zone and adjacent to the new Crow zone to the north. Recent RC and diamond drilling has established significant gold mineralisation over a strike of 850m, up to 80m width and to a maximum depth at this point of approximately 250m. Importantly mineralisation remains open.
Further RC and diamond drilling continues across all three deposits on nominal 80m x 80m spacing with the aim to delineate the overall extent of gold mineralisation prior to an initial Inferred resource estimation.
Significant new intercepts at Aquila include:
13.42m @ 3.5g/t Au from 266.67m; 32m @ 2.5g/t Au from 168m; 14m @ 1.1g/t Au from 50m; 17m @ 1.2g/t Au from 151m; 139.5m @ 0.7g/t from 89.5m; 113m @ 0.8g/t# from 50m;7m @ 2g/t Au from 199m; 27m @ 2.7g/t Au from 152m; and 22m @ 2.4g/t Au from 131m.
RC and diamond core drilling is currently ongoing at Hemi with three rigs operating between Aquila Brolga, and Crow testing for extensions of the gold mineralisation on a nominal 80m x 80m basis.
The aircore rig has commenced to the immediate south and south west of Brolga targeting extensions of the intrusion and associated sulphide-gold mineralisation. Drilling to date has intersected further intrusion with variable weathered sulphide zones. The Crow RC programme is 40% completed. – The remaining 60% is expected to be completed during late May and into early June.
Would you like to receive notfications in your browser for our new posts? If so, subscribe now!