Resource Extension Drilling Programme Builds On Copper-Gold Potential
Cyprium Metals Limited (ASX:CYM) continues to intersect consistent sulphide mineralisation at shallow depths in its resource extension and metallurgical drilling campaign at the Nanadie Well Copper-Gold Project.
Executive Director, Barry Cahill, said the programme is the start of Cyprium’s strategy to drill out the resource at the Nanadie Well Copper-Gold project in Western Australia.
“The latest drill hole of the drilling programme has continued to consistently intersect thick zones of sulphide mineralisation along strike and at shallow depths,:” Mr Cahill said.
“We have been impressed from what we have seen in the diamond drill holes completed to date and we look forward to providing detailed of the assays results as they become available”.
The diamond drilling is serving a number of purposes in the definition of the Nanadie Well Copper-Gold mineralisation:
- Provide core for geological logging and mapping, in both supergene and sulphide material, to gain a better understanding of the mineralisation;
- To assay for a broad range of payable metals in the mineralisation, including copper, gold, silver, nickel, cobalt and PGE’s, that are normally associated with magmatic deposits;
- Test the geological model of the flat fractionated layers and the higher-grade sections of the layers;
- Provide metallurgical sample material to commence test work for the optimised extraction method in both the supergene and sulphide mineralisation; and
- Enable downhole geophysics to be performed to target the orebodies higher grade zones together with extensions along strike and below the currently defined mineralisation.
Mr Cahill said this diamond drill programme will assist in the definition of a mineral resource to a JORC 2012 standard which will then be included in the Murchison Copper-Gold Project scoping study. It will also test depth extensions of the mineralisation, as it remains open at depth and along strike.
The initial five drill holes of the 1,700 metre sulphide diamond drilling programme have been consistently intersecting disseminated sulphide mineralisation at shallow depths ranging from 45m up to 290m, including chalcopyrite and pyrrhotite.