Culpeo Minerals Limited (ASX:CPO) has received positive assay results from the initial two holes at its maiden drilling programme at the company’s Las Petacas Copper Project in Chile.
These first two holes intersected broad near surface zones of copper and gold mineralisation that include the results below.
▪ Initial drilling results confirm broad mineralised copper-gold system at the Peta 1 Prospect, at Las Petacas, with copper mineralisation present in all holes
▪ Bulk of the >6km copper mineralised trend remains untested and is considered highly prospective ▪ Assay results have been received for two holes with all holes returning encouraging copper and gold results including: Drillhole – CMPDD003
• 3.5m @ 0.74% Cu and 0.55g/t Au from 71.5m
• 3.5m @ 0.43% Cu and 0.25g/t Au from 79.5m
• 1.0m @ 1.00% Cu and 0.10g/t Au from 324.2m Drillhole – CMPDD004 • 21m @ 0.41% Cu and 0.10g/t Au from 41m
• 5m @ 0.49% Cu and 0.03g/t Au from 68m
• 11m @ 0.32% Cu and 0.02g/t Au from 85m
• 37m @ 0.23% Cu and 0.02g/t Au from 99m
• 20m @ 0.23% Cu and 0.01g/t Au from 168m
▪ Assays remain outstanding for three holes.
“These are very encouraging results from the maiden drill program with every hole returning zones of significant copper and gold mineralisation, highlighting the potential for Las Petacas to host a significant copper deposit. The results confirm historical drilling and illustrate potential for copper mineralisation over a the >6km-long trend which remains largely untested,” Managing Director, Max Tuesley, said.
Las Petacas Drilling Programme
The current drilling program has confirmed the presence of copper mineralisation within the >6km mineralised trend at the Las Petacas Project.
These results are particularly significant at Peta 1 where mineralisation remains open at depth and along strike. Seven diamond drillholes totalling approximately 2,400m are now complete at Las Petacas, with an eighth hole currently being drilled.
Assay results have been received for an initial two holes. The Company has submitted five holes to ALS Global Laboratory for analysis of copper and gold and additional results will continue to be reported in due course.
Four holes have been completed on the Peta 1 Prospect, where significant trench assay results were returned historically and three holes have targeted anomalies previously defined at Diego.
Peta 1 Prospect Drilling
To date all holes have intercepted broad visible copper mineralisation present as copper oxide and sulphide minerals with drilling at the Peta 1 Prospect confirming visual copper mineralisation over a strike length of 500m and up to 200m deep.
The drill holes at Peta 1 have intersected skarn-style breccias with elevated copper grades consistently over the length of the drillhole. Dacite intrusive rocks are intimately associated with the skarn alteration and exhibit strong stock-work mineralisation with visible sulphides.
For further information please visit: https://www.culpeominerals.com.au