Three More Holes Intersect Mineralised Porphyry At Brama Target
Cornerstone Capital Resources Inc. (TSXV:CGP) has received strong assay at the Brama prospect on its Bramaderos gold and copper joint venture in southern Ecuador.
The company has a 12.5% interest in the project and is carried by JV partner and project operator Sunstone Metals Inc. through to the start of commercial production.
- Strong assay results received for holes BMDD009, 010, and 011 at the Brama prospect:
- BMDD009: 185.3m1 at 0.4g/t gold, 0.15% copper, (0.64g/t gold equivalent AuEq2) from 116.8m
- BMDD010: 170.65m at 0.46g/t gold and 0.15% copper. (0.7g/t AuEq) from 311.75m, including 69.6m at 0.65g/t gold, 0.2% copper, (0.97g/t AuEq) from 347m
- BMDD011: 404.8m at 0.32g/t gold, 0.09% copper, (0.46g/t AuEq) from surface, including 51.3m at 0.54g/t gold, 0.07% copper (0.65g/t AuEq) from surface
- BMDD009 and 010 have further defined the gold-copper mineralized porphyry and intrusive breccia
- BMDD011 has extended the gold-copper mineralized domain to the northwest, below well mineralised trench sampling
- A detailed 3D geological model has been built for Brama and will underpin a Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) to be undertaken in early 2022
- Drilling is ongoing with six more holes planned as part of the maiden Mineral Resource drill programme
Cornerstone VP Exploration, Yvan Crepeau, said the results from holes BMDD009, 010 and 011 further highlight the potential for Brama to host a substantial gold-copper porphyry system.
In light of these results Sunstone has defined a drill programme to continue through to December 2021, after which all data will be compiled and an initial Mineral Resource Estimate undertaken in early 2022.
“We are very pleased with the latest round of results which provide more firm evidence that Brama has the potential to be a large gold-copper mineralized porphyry. Importantly, we are seeing good gold-copper grades from surface,” Mr Crepeau said
“An initial Mineral Resource Estimate is a logical next step for the Brama target. Drilling is being guided by robust 3D geological modeling to continue to define the Brama system. In parallel we are re-visiting other targets such as Limon, Playas and Melonal with a view to defining additional resources.
“Our plan is to grow the scale of the opportunity at the Bramaderos Project via exploration and mineral resource definition across several porphyry systems.”
The Bramaderos Project is ideally located immediately adjacent to the Pan American highway, and within reasonable distance of available hydropower, supporting the economics of potential development opportunities. The project is also supported by nearby commercial airports and significant cities (Loja) and enjoys strong community support.
For further information please visit: https://cornerstoneresources.com/