Charger Metals NL (ASX: CHR) has commenced a maiden drilling campaign at the Lake Johnston Lithium Project in Western Australia, initially targeting the Medcalf Spodumene Prospect.
“Charger Metals has commenced drilling its maiden drilling programme into the Medcalf Spodumene Prospect. The initial programme aims to test a 300m by 800m outcropping pegmatite swarm,” Managing Director, David Crook, said.
Drilling the Medcalf Spodumene Prospect
A programme of up to 40 reverse circulation drill holes will test the Medcalf Spodumene Prospect. Fieldwork previously identified a spodumene-pegmatite swarm, comprising about 20 anastomosing pegmatite dykes that outcrop in an area 800m long within a 300m wide corridor. Ongoing mapping continues to identify additional spodumene- pegmatite outcrops in this area.
About the Lake Johnston Lithium Project
The Lake Johnston Lithium Project is located 450km east of Perth, Western Australia. Charger’s predominately 70% interest is through a Joint Venture, with the remaining 30% held by Lithium Australia Ltd.
Lithium prospects occur within a 50km long corridor along the southern and western margin of the Lake Johnston granite batholith. Key prospects include the advancing Medcalf Spodumene Prospect and much of the Mount Day lithium-caesium-tantalum (LCT) pegmatite field, prospective for lithium and tantalum minerals.
The Lake Johnston Lithium Project has attracted considerable interest due to its proximity to the large Earl Grey Lithium Project under development by Covalent Lithium Pty Ltd (manager of a joint venture between subsidiaries of Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile) and Wesfarmers Ltd located approximately 70km west of the Lake Johnston Project.
Mt Holland is understood to be one of the largest undeveloped hard-rock lithium projects in Australia with Ore Reserves for the Earl Grey Deposit estimated at 94.2 Mt at 1.5% Li2O1.
For further information please visit: https://chargermetals.com.au/