Challenger Exploration (ASX: CEL) has received positive results from the company’s flagship Hualilan Gold Project in San Juan, Argentina.
The results from drill hole GNDD378 are the latest from the company’s ongoing drill programme at Sentazon.
The Sentazon extension drill programme has been expanded several times due to the continuing high-grade results.
Managing Director, Kris Knauer, said the expanded programme at Sentazon now includes a minimum of 14 additional drill holes of which six have been completed (assays pending), one hole is in progress, and seven more are planned.
“Sentazon, which is located at the southern tip of our drilling at Hualilan, has now emerged as the most significant zone of high-grade mineralisation at the project. The mineralisation extends over 400 metres down-dip, remains open at depth, and continues to produce some outstanding drill intercepts,” Mr Knauer said.
“The success at Sentazon opens the potential for extensions of the high-grade mineralisation to the south where there has been virtually no drilling. Particularly in light of our recent channel sampling results from the Flor de Hualilan adit 550 metres south of Sentazon. This channel sampling produced results including 13.0m at 12.0 g/t Au, 80.2 g/t Ag, 5.7 % Zn.
“Additionally, this new zone of mineralisation is mapped as extending in outcrop another 500 metres south and 400 metres up-dip from the location of the high-grade channel samples in the Flor de Hualilan adit.”
• Drill hole GNDD-378 at Sentazon returns outstanding results including: 63.3m at 9.8 g/t AuEq2 – 8.5 g/t Au, 7.6 g/t Ag, 2.8% Zn from 108.3m including: 24.1m at 23.3 g/t AuEq2 – 20.4 g/t Au, 15.9 g/t Ag, 6.2% Zn from 113.60m and; 1.9m at 17.2 g/t AuEq2 – 13.5 g/t Au, 23.1g/t Ag, 7.8% Zn from 168.7m.
• Best drill hole result received at Hualilan on a gram x metres basis, breaking the previous record from, historical drill hole DDH-71 (10.0m at 39.7 g/t AuEq), by more than 50%.
• Consistent and pervasive high-grade mineralisation, with 16 of 51 samples in the intercept above 10 g/t AuEq, 11 above 20 g/t AuEq, and peak values of 124 and 142 g/t AuEq .
• Extends the high-grade mineralisation at Sentazon another 40 metres up-dip from GNDD296, which intersected 16.9 metres at 16.9 g/t AuEq.
• Confirms a thick zone of high-grade mineralisation (40m true width) occurs where the structures that control the Sentazon Manto and Sentazon Footwall Zone intersect.
• Six additional holes completed (assays pending), one in progress, and seven holes planned, including step outs immediately along strike as the Sentazon programme continues to expand.
For further information please visit: https://challengerex.com/