Adding Second Drill Rig For Diamond Drilling In Mexico
Brigadier Gold Limited (TSXV:BRG) is planning to add a second drill rig for the commencement of phase-2 diamond drilling at its Picachos gold-silver project, Sinaloa, Mexico.
“We continue to make excellent progress at Picachos, although we have only just started to evaluate the potential of this extensive mineralised system,” Ranjeet Sundher, Brigadier’s CEO, said.
“The additional rig will help considerably in accelerating our investigating the many high priority existing and newly identified targets on the Property.
“The Cocolmeca vein structure (CVS) is persistent and strongly mineralised and we look forward to expanding the depth and strike length in 2021, as well as continuing exploration of the rest of the CVS, particularly in the central Cocolmeca area.”
Phase-one exploration results at Picachos provided several highlights, including:
- Confirmed seven-kilometre long vein system of precious metals mineralisation
- Widely spaced holes show vein continuity on strike and at depth with robust width
- High grade nature of precious metals mineralisation consistently observed in assays
- Confirmed meaningful gold/silver mineralisation in hanging wall and footwall of vein systems
- Discovered previously unexplored high-grade gold and silver historic workings
- Multiple new surface and subsurface targets discovered during reconnaissance and mapping
- Copper porphyry target sampling suggests high priority follow-up exploration
“The project is located 25 km equidistant from two recent bonanza grade discoveries of Vizsla Resources and GR Silver and along the same mineralised trend, positions Picachos as a truly exciting opportunity for Brigadier Gold and our shareholders,” Mr Sundher said.