Boab Metals Limited (ASX: BML) has continued to expand its 75% owned Sorby Hills Lead-Silver-Zinc Project in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia.
Highlights from final assay results from a diamond drilling portion of the Phase V drilling programme at Sorby Hills include:
- Extensions to the mineralisation envelope confirmed at B Deposit
- Mineralisation continuity between Omega and Norton deposits confirmed
- Shallow-depth mineralisation confirmed at the Wildcat Prospect
- Positive drilling results include:
- SHMD088: 6m @ 5.37% Pb & 21g/t Ag from 50m (B Deposit)
- SHMD091: 12m @ 5.82% Pb & 24g/t Ag from 35m (B Deposit)
- SHMD099: 5m @ 5.37% Pb & 16g/t Ag from 90m (Omega South)
- SHMD104: 6m @ 3.89% Pb & 13g/t Ag from 65m (B Deposit)
- SHMD111: 26m @ 2.58% Pb & 25g/t Ag from 53m (Beta Deposit) o Incl.email@example.com%Pb&58g/tAgfrom71m
- SHMD116: 26m @ 1.39% Pb & 17g/t Ag from 14m (Wildcat Prospect) o Incl. 5m @ 2.12% Pb & 27g/t Ag from 15m
Managing Director and CEO, Simon Noon, said an RC infill drill programme has commenced at Beta to tighten the drill hole spacing and to delineate the tabular geometry of mineralisation.
“The final drilling results from our diamond drilling program have confirmed mineralisation extensions at B Deposit and the Beta Deposit. We are particularly encouraged by the very near-surface, free diggable Pb-Ag mineralisation at the Wildcat Prospect which appears expandable,” Mr Noon said.
“We hold high expectations for the contribution that the RC drilling can contribute to the Beta “Deposit and its potential inclusion in the upcoming DFS.
We look forward to providing further results and updates as the drilling program continues.”
Boab’s Phase V drilling programme was designed to expand the mining inventory and increase the production capacity in the upcoming Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) above the 1.5Mtpa contemplated in the Sorby Hills Pre-Feasibility Study.
The primary focus of the Phase V drilling program was to test and validate the interpretation of portions of the Sorby Hill’s Resource located near, but outside the current open-pit design with a view to incorporate these prospective tonnes into the DFS mine plan.
Furthermore, this program also aimed to investigate the high silver Alpha and Beta deposits which to this point in time have not been drilled by Boab nor included in the Project’s mining inventory.
At the conclusion of the diamond drilling, 59 diamond drill holes (5,284m) were completed including 16 new drill holes (1,600m) which were added during the course of the program to follow up prospective leads arising from the ongoing drilling.
Near pit targets included shallow, high-grade portions of the Sorby Hills deposit presently not included in the Mineral Resource or mining inventory.
Mineral Resource Estimate
All geological work on the diamond core has been completed and 1,734 core samples (excluding QAQC samples) have been submitted and analysed by the laboratory in Darwin. The drilling database has been validated and has been transferred to the Resource estimation consultants CSA Global Pty Ltd.
For further information please visit: https://boabmetals.com/